Thread: 60 Meters

Forum Addict

60 Meters

Give it a try in the afternoon. Channel one.. And Ren don't be gettin flashy wit it !!!!

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Snark..wha?

Hey I can do sixty. Wanna try it again today? Will try calling CQ on CH1 about 1600 today.
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Can't do 60m--my transceiver dates from before that era. I heard that there's a mod but I'd rather not mess with it--last time I tried working on the thing myself, it ended up costing me $150. Damned SMDs are too small for my old eyes.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I can't do 60m at the office, the TS-2000 has not been modified for it. I can at home though. I'll be available this weekend, and later this evening for 60m.
    73 de Keith
    'Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself.'
    --Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Can't do 60m--my transceiver dates from before that era. I heard that there's a mod but I'd rather not mess with it--last time I tried working on the thing myself, it ended up costing me $150. Damned SMDs are too small for my old eyes.
    What joo got...An Icom? Even the old Yaesu 757's just had a magic switch and TADA your on...or back off. But yeah I feel your pain with the smd thing.

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    What joo got...An Icom? Even the old Yaesu 757's just had a magic switch and TADA your on...or back off.
    Icom IC-736 but, since posting that, I read somewhere that if you use the keypad to program the 60m channel frequencies into the memory, it will work. Haven't tried it yet, but I will.

But yeah I feel your pain with the smd thing.
    Doing any sort of close work is tough. This getting old thing isn't for wimps, I'm tellin' ya...
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Doing any sort of close work is tough. This getting old thing isn't for wimps, I'm tellin' ya...

Not without a Mantis anyway 8D

Okay, just programmed in all five 60m channels (using the correct dial-vs-center frequencies, even) and the old '736 seems to be putting out a signal. I'm ready whenever anyone else is. Currently monitoring channel 1, 5332.00KHz