Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Some Great Wedges.

Some Great Wedges.

On the way home I picked up a couple of wedges, (aka sandwiches, hoagys, grinders, etc..) from a nice small family owned Italian restaurant not far away. I ordered a sausage and pepper Parmesan and an eggplant parm wedge... Awesome. Served on a loaf of Italin bread, plenty of sauce, cheese and sausage, eggplant. Absolutely delicious. The guy uses a good bread and makes an excellent sauce. It's not a big or fancy restaurant. Just one of those small, little neighborhood type places that makes some great food. It's small quality neighborhood places like this that really make the experience of ordering out worthwhile.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Banned
    If that place was around here they'd go out of business in a week if they didn't "improve" their sandwiches according to the recommendations of the ass gourmets that are the norm here.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    ass gourmets

If that place was around here they'd go out of business in a week if they didn't "improve" their sandwiches according to the recommendations of the ass gourmets that are the norm here.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. Some people are so used to lousy food or, ass-gourmet food that they don't know good quality even when it's sitting on a plate right in front of them. Fortunately this guy has a lot of old time customers from the neighborhood who grew up on the good stuff.
    Last edited by n2ize; 09-30-2010 at 10:33 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Fortunately this guy has a lot of old time customers from the neighborhood who grew up on the good stuff.
    It's your only hope.

Forum Addict
    You all have lobster rolls on the east coast. I'd just about kill for one. Lobster is so damn expencive here theres no way we'll ever have em..

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by N9FE View Post
    You all have lobster rolls on the east coast. I'd just about kill for one. Lobster is so damn expencive here theres no way we'll ever have em..
    Let you in on a little secret...they aint that much cheaper over here either! Well...unless you live in Maine on the off season then yeah, get 2 and 3 for 1 lobster dinners.
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Banned
    chix

Quote Originally Posted by N9FE View Post
    When I used to go fishing off Long Island I used to see the lobster boats heading out early and heading in in the evening with their catch. They knew us so well they would blow their horn and wave to us. And even with all that local lobster fishing, lobster is still pretty expensive round here.

It's your only hope.
    Yeah, fortunately there are still a lot of old timers and a lot of younger folk who were brought up on the good cooking around here. They recently opened a coal fired brick oven pizza resturante. If you are ever in Yonkers check out Pepe's pizzeria on Central Avenue for great... awesome... coal fired brick oven pizza or, Capri Pizzeria on Lockwood Ave for some great Italian wedges and dishes. Also, Dom and Vinnie's for some great Italian food. And, if your in the Bronx (da Bronx) check out The Pine tavern... If they still make a "Zuppa di Pesce" like they did years ago it's out of this world. Also, If you're in Brooklyn or Manhattan check out Totonnos for an awesome coal fired brick oven pie. There are still some really great Italian resturants out here, still making stuff like they did in the old days. And guaranteed, no ass-gourmet's in the places I mentioned.
    Last edited by n2ize; 10-05-2010 at 10:40 AM.