Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The day the earth stood still.

Banned

The day the earth stood still.

Hello.

A lot of people have had concerns over this for years.
    http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/27...-say/?iref=NS1
    The bottom line is this, no military wants to admit that there is someone or something far more powerful than them.
    What if we have been visited is a non-issue with me.
    I feel that Roswell is a circus but that there is life as we know it "Out there".

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KA5PIU View Post
    What if we have been visited is a non-issue with me.
    me neither.
    Your words form fractured sentences. It's up to the reader to discern your intent. It shouldn't be that way unless you are a politician.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 09-28-2010 at 03:00 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    me neither.
    Your words form fractured sentences. It's up to the reader to discern your intent. It shouldn't be that way unless you are a politician.
    Hello.

There is no intent as such.
    What if we have been visited.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraterrestrial_life
    Is a non-issue for me.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understanding
    Prior to television there was radio.
    And prior to radio there were slower means of mass communication.
    The saying that "TV leaves little to the imagination" is quite correct.
    With radio a person must make up the images in ones mind.
    I have resisted placing images on this (Internet) medium as I feel it distracts from the printed word and limits the imagination of the reader.
    So perhaps at times my writing may seem a bit fragmented, however with a bit of imagination on your part you will be able to form a better understanding of the concept I wish to convey, on your terms.

Banned
    like I say politician, you've missed your calling.

Likely there is life "as we know it" out there somewhere but it's so far away that the chances of any of it visiting Earth are sub-infinitesimal. Can't travel faster than light, you know.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!
    Last edited by W3WN; 09-28-2010 at 11:33 AM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Banned
    Hello.

If the latest theory hold water, that is incorrect.
    A black hole rips the very fabric of space, pulling in matter at so high a rate that even light can not escape.
    If that theory is indeed valid than the time and space continuum would be valid.
    And if that is indeed the case one would not need to travel the full distance to get from point A to point B, space could be warped.
    Remember that we are dealing with some very abstract thoughts, something very complex that somehow I can get clear in my head but have a very hard time trying to express in terms that most can understand.
    How frequently I go to some lecture and very early on ask a few questions and am told that "We will get to that in a moment", clear indicator that there is nothing new here.
    And therein lies the problem, it is not like you can run down to the used flying saucer lot and buy an older model to tinker with. ;)

Your words form fractured sentences.
    Fear not my words for
    they fall out in pieces and
    land upon the ground
    as simple feces

Quote Originally Posted by KA5PIU View Post
    Hello.

If the latest theory hold water, that is incorrect.
    A black hole rips the very fabric of space, pulling in matter at so high a rate that even light can not escape.
    If that theory is indeed valid than the time and space continuum would be valid.
    I'm familiar with that theory but even if it turns out to be correct, you still can't pass through a black hole and come out the other side. You'd be ripped apart by gravitational forces shortly after you crossed the event horizon.

Gravity: It's not just a good idea, it's the law!
    Last edited by NQ6U; 09-28-2010 at 11:41 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Hello.

Nobody said anything about going Into the black hole.
    The idea is to use the rip in the fabric to cross the horizon of time and space.
    The theory is something like time and space being a giant table cloth with a black hole being a hole in the table where the cloth is being pulled in.
    The distance between 2 points is actually shorter in this area as the cloth is bunched up with the trick of not falling into the hole.