Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Eagle Has Landed... In TN

The Eagle Has Landed... In TN

Eagle 599.jpg
    At the Ten-Tec hamfest this weekend (and now I'm sorry that I passed up W3WH's offer to take a long drive with him to TN), the company introduced a new HF radio, the Eagle (Model 599)

It has the same physical footprint as the recently discontinued Argonaut V rig. It runs 5 to 100 W output adjustable, selectable roofing filters, built-inauto tuner, full QSK (of course), and loads more.

Of special note is that it will be using a USB port for computer access, and it will include 6 meters.

Pricing will begin at $1800. The unit is presently awaiting FCC certification (what we used to call "type acceptance" and the word is that as soon as it has the FCC's blessing, the Eagle will go on sale.

A copy of the Ten-Tec brochure can be found here: http://www.myrockport.com/Eagle_Brochure.pdf

And there is already a Yahoo group set up for those interested: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TenTec_Eagle/
    Last edited by W3WN; 09-27-2010 at 09:48 AM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Now on the TenTec website , also .
    http://www.tentec.com/
    Last edited by W5RB; 09-27-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Banned
    Now accepting donations to the "Help N2KKM Update Her Rig" fund drive

Not enough knobs.

The inclusion of a zero IF is interesting . Puzzling choice of 2nd IF , and making AM and FM optional .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    Not enough knobs.
    Perfect.

Needs more knobs.
    With the new Kenwood in the works i have too see it selling well.
    Time will tell...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Seems rather light on features for an $1800 radio. I think I'd go for an SDR instead.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I'll stick with my Corsair. That Eagle lacks a direct entry number pad which is a must for all modern rigs. The display is cool though. Blue is always cool. Just needs an analog meter.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I'll stick with my Corsair. That Eagle lacks a direct entry number pad which is a must for all modern rigs. The display is cool though. Blue is always cool. Just needs an analog meter.
    And more knobs.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.