Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A first for me... Not sure what it's gonna mean

Kelli, my mother-in-law has the same problem; she's lived with it for many years with only minor restrictions on her lifestyle and she's quite a bit older than you. If she can do it at her age, you can too. Hang in there. I think I speak for everyone on The Island when I say we're wishing you the best.

As for RF, well, maybe we can get an antenna party together to move/raise your antenna up to a point where the RF levels in your shack are acceptable.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

That's a pisser to hear about. I wish you well, and hope the treatment and meds help out. As far as pacemakers go, I have read that as long as there is some distance between the antenna and the pacemaker, there isn't a problem. This is at amateur RF levels. The higher the frequency, above HF and VHF, the more cautious I would be. As stated above, if it were me, I would want to talk to some manufacturers and perhaps other hams that have pacemakers, too. I seem to recall the ones that have a builtin difib unit are more suseptable to higher RF fields. Just the same, I'd feel more comfortable talking to the tech staff at one of the pacemaker companies. Best of luck Kelli.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    As for RF, well, maybe we can get an antenna party together to move/raise your antenna up to a point where the RF levels in your shack are acceptable.
    If that isn't justification for the installation, of a big, honkin' tower in the backyard...I don't know what is.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Positive energies your way.

Banned
    Thanks everyone. I've lived with this now for 7 years. Well, 7 years that I've known about it. I feel fortunate actually. A guy who was diagnosed about the same time I was and was about the same condition I was in initially, took a major turn for the worse about two years later and died. I've been hanging on this long, I'll likely be around for a while longer. I want addresses now though, because when I finally do kick it one of these years I want to haunt each and every one of you. I'm going to put salt in your sugar bowls and make your doors slam at 2am...

'YX -- I have a cardio diet I've followed somewhat loosely for seven years now. I'll probably tighten it up a bit ;-)

I want addresses now though, because when I finally do kick it one of these years I want to haunt each and every one of you.
    You've already been to my QTH. I saw you floating over me. Sorry about the garlic fumes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    You've already been to my QTH. I saw you floating over me. Sorry about the garlic fumes.
    Hmmmm, when was this? I do tend to travel a bit.

Oh, about 3 and 4 weeks ago.
    The garlic fumes are stronger now. Eating it daily in it's freshest form ... raw.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Oh, about 3 and 4 weeks ago.
    The garlic fumes are stronger now. Eating it daily in it's freshest form ... raw.
    Ah, so it did work... I hope I had clothes on. Sometimes I forget to wear clothes. Garlic is good. Keeps werewolves away. Or is that vampires? I can never keep those things straight.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    Ah, so it did work... I hope I had clothes on. Sometimes I forget to wear clothes. Garlic is good. Keeps werewolves away. Or is that vampires? I can never keep those things straight.
    Nobody ever wears clothes by default and in that state it does not seem to matter to anyone.