Thread: HNL had a ham story today...

HNL had a ham story today...

They were covering some ham in Texas who made a voice contact with the space station.

The anchors were all amazed that a guy can talk to the ISS from his basement. I thought it was pretty amusing. I have been making contact with the ISS off and on for years. Only have a 3 minute window for contact up here, so you have to act fast.

Anyone else catch this today?

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...iref=allsearch
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    I saw the story on CNN online.

What do you bet one of that ham's neighbors starts complaining about RFI, seeing how "you have to have a lot of power to talk to outer space!"
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE

Yes ..... I was a little surprised when I saw it broadcast on Headline News this morning.....
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Island Regular
    East of BirmingHam on the slopes of Oak Mountain Ridge.
    Quote Originally Posted by al2n View Post
    "HNL had a ham story today... " They were covering some ham in Texas who made a voice contact with the space station.
    And, when I saw your headline, there for a second, I thought something cool happened in Honolulu.

HNL happens to be the code for Honolulu's airport. I guess you meant HLN, for Head Line News.

I had to check, though, to see if there was a Ted Turner's "Montana Grill" restaurant in Tyler, TX. I figured somebody might have tipped them heavily to get it on HLN.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by W6EM View Post
    And, when I saw your headline, there for a second, I thought something cool happened in Honolulu.

HNL happens to be the code for Honolulu's airport. I guess you meant HLN, for Head Line News.

I had to check, though, to see if there was a Ted Turner's "Montana Grill" restaurant in Tyler, TX. I figured somebody might have tipped them heavily to get it on HLN.

Lee
    Just the inbred conservative redneck side of me causing typo's is all. :)
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell