Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silver coins

Banned

Silver coins

Silver (and gold) keep going up. If silver hits $25/oz, I should sell those silver coins I've saved since high school.

Unless you're real hungry, keep saving.

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    Unless you're real hungry, keep saving.
    Agree.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Banned
    I have seen the value rise over the decades only to fall down again to about 50% of the high numerous times.
    I should sell at $25 then buy back at $15

I'm in the same boat.. I have lots of silver coins & bars of varying weight, my great uncle used to give me one for my birthday every year for 20+ years until he passed on and I've bought a few of my own. I've been looking at those prices and it's tempting to sell. I'll probably wait, it's a pretty solid investment, even if the price does drop a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    Silver (and gold) keep going up. If silver hits $25/oz, I should sell those silver coins I've saved since high school.
    Young whippersnappers. There wasn't no such thing as your fancy silver coins when I went to high school. No sir, back in my day, coins was made of stone, like God intended, and about three feet in diameter. Had to roll 'em to the store to pay for for a pound of mammoth meat then roll the change back home and it was uphill both ways.

Kids these days have it too soft.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    pound of mammoth meat
    Woolly?

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    Woolly?
    Whatever we could get. Couldn't be picky back in them days. We were lucky if we ate before a sabertooth tiger or cave bear ate us.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    I like the way the gold buyer commercials paint women's old gold jewelery as yucky, out of style, wouldn't be caught dead with that shit, old, dried, bodily secretions, unpleasant memories, dust mites, bed bugs, etc, etc.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 09-23-2010 at 08:07 PM.