Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chase Online

Chase Online

If you're fortunate enough not to be a customer of JP Morgan Chase Bank, then you may not be aware of the problems they had with the chase.com website last week. It was down for something like 5 days.

Unfortunately, we have 3 accounts with them... 2nd mortgage (had been WaMu which Chase bought), credit card, and car loan (sold to them by Mazda credit). 2 of the 3 were due last week in the midst of the outage

Got the credit card payment in by phone via a human being on time without a problem, outside of a 15 minute wait. But I couldn't get ahold of a person on the mortgage side, so I had to use their "automated" telephone support... for which they charge a $15 fee. Outrageous, but I didn't want my payment to be late, that's a $35 fee. (I normally wait until the end of the grace period, that way the payment comes out of my 2nd paycheck for the month)

Site's back up, we've gotten numerous emails apologizing over and over for the inconvenience. And most say that they will waive any late fees.

This is where the "fine print" comes in. They won't give me the $15 phone charge back. See, it's technically not a "late" fee. Even though I had to resort to this with their site down due to no fault of my own -- which they acknowledge -- I'm now told I should have waited until the site was back up, accepted the late fee, and then asked for them to reverse it. Which they would have gladly done.

Right.

Did I mention, by the way, that during the course of the outage, my password got trashed by the web site? I was told it was up, but that wasn't entirely true, as I found out the hard way. So I couldn't have made the payment online anyway until it was too late.

So much for electronic banking. If they don't fix this, well then it's back to mailing them a check. Costs them more to process, but a $.44 stamp is much less aggravation to me.

Promises to fix all that went astray during their problem... and then using the fine print to weasel out of it. Wonder if Chase has BP as one of their clients?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

id just mail a check.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Ugh. That's a mess, Ron.

Knock on wood, I'm still having better luck with e-banking than paper. Just got a past-due notice last week from the Waste Management folks. They're one of the few bills left that I pay with a check because they won't auto-charge to a credit card. Never saw the original bill.

Don't quit now. You just haven't found the "right" person to deal with. Obviously, the people on the phone don't have the authority to be creative. Try the branch manager, or if necessary, go over his head to a district manager. Keep going all the way to the home office if necessary. As long as you are calm and persistant, you will prevail. After all, $15 is nothing to them. In these times, to us it's a fortune.

Sounds like you are having a problem with your ISP. Why not give us your PIN and username so some of us can try it on other providers.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Banned
    Chase (who took over WaMu) here has been trying to win over customers.

I'm with Wells Fargo, they treat me like a king, (they ought to, I'm getting something like .001% interest)
    I can fire a paper check for any amount to anyone/business, for free, in the USA online via the keypad & the USPS.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 09-20-2010 at 10:39 PM.

You know what I recently discovered the other day?

My "free" checking account from Wachovia (now Wells Fargo) is charging $2 to deposit ACH transfers. All direct deposits (for payroll), PayPal xfers, etc.. nice, eh? And this is all a result of the banking "reform" -- my ass.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    $15 is nothing to them.
    Hey, that's some bank exec's hors d'oeuvres at his luncheon tomorrow. You really gonna deprive him of that?

Banned
    D works for HSBC, so you know where I do my banking...

Sorry for your Chase troubles, that sucks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    And this is all a result of the banking "reform" -- my ass.
    Banking reform = Mo money for the bank.