Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are You Ready For Some Football?

Are You Ready For Some Football?

I need to get this in before the night game.

For the first time in almost four years, I can finally say this:

I GUARANTEE that the winning quarterback will be Manning.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post

Hey, let's be optimistic. Peyton could trip and fall and break his wrist running out onto the field... or worse.

Bears are 2-0, Bucs are 2-0.. Minnesota & Dallas is 0-2... Tom Brady turned over the ball at least 3 times to the Jets... buy canned goods and bottled water. The end may be near, I sense a disturbance in the force.

Oh and Michael Vick is probably going to be the official starter for Philly until Philly fans get that douche-a-riffic mob mentality and demand that he be ousted. We're a long way from federal prison, Toto.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    Hey, let's be optimistic. Peyton could trip and fall and break his wrist running out onto the field... or worse.

Bears are 2-0, Bucs are 2-0.. Minnesota & Dallas is 0-2... Tom Brady turned over the ball at least 3 times to the Jets... buy canned goods and bottled water. The end may be near, I sense a disturbance in the force.

Oh and Michael Vick is probably going to be the official starter for Philly until Philly fans get that douche-a-riffic mob mentality and demand that he be ousted. We're a long way from federal prison, Toto.
    Tonight's game is Payton vs Eli (Colts vs Giants). Archie will see one of the boys win tonight!

Dallas is 0-2 (w00t!), but the 'Skins blew a 17 point lead to lose to the Texans by a FG in OT. Watch out for those guys (Houston) ... Schaub put up over 500 yards passing today against a pretty decent defense, and they have some serious talent on that squad. McNabb threw for well over 400 yards, and still managed a loss. So much for his 16th comeback victory ...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Random football note -- anyone have this NFL Redzone dealie? I presume it's on DirecTV? I borrow a feed from the Internet, it's fantastic. You get to see every score, every 3rd down conversion, and just about everything exciting about a drive in almost real time. It's great, especially for fantasy sports addicts such as myself.

looks like the colts will end up with a win tonight
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Who cares? All this means is that I won't be able to have some of my favorite food at the 2 sports bars I like to go to for the next 4-5 months.

Football season just pisses me off. Any place with TV screens and good food is impossible to get a parking space, or a table.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Never ceases to amaze me how many amateur radio operators are so quick to dismiss other hobbies/interests as boring.

Football fans aren't dogmatic, they're not begging you to join them, why must every single friggin thread contain the same old "football is boring" commentary? I promise, your lack of interest has no impact on our interest.

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me how many amateur radio operators are so quick to dismiss other hobbies/interests as boring.
    Amateur radio? Man, how boring is that? Nuthin' but a bunch o' old farts talkin' 'bout their operations...
    Last edited by NQ6U; 09-20-2010 at 02:13 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Pro sports - not much interest in it. They are overpaid prima donna's.
    College sports - I will watch them. They are pre prima donna's, not doing it for the money (as far as you know) yet.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

I prefer girls fast pitch softball, live and in person. Wish it went year round. For those interested, only a month and a half to go before the start of Australian dick wrestling season.