Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More drug hysteria...

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar

More drug hysteria...

This post should have that "Oh God! Not this again...." But I'd be copying someone else to put it here.

George Michael gets 8 weeks jail for drug driving

Here's the hysteria...

District Judge John Perkins told the singer he had taken a "dangerous and unpredictable mix" of prescription drugs and marijuana.
    It wasn't the pot that caused the crash. Don't know what those prescription drugs were, but if it was, say, valium or something like that, that'd be far, far more likely to cause a crash - especially if abused.

But wait, there's more!!

"It does not appear that you took proper steps to deal with what is clearly an addiction to cannabis," the judge said. "That's a mistake which puts you and, on this occasion, the public at risk."
    WILL THIS EVER, EVER STOP????????????

Marijuana addiction? If the fact that this is being shoved up everyone's asses wasn't so tragic, stupid, misinformed and just plain wrong, I'd be :rofl: over it. But as it is, it really makes me want to cry.

According to police, Michael appeared "spaced out" when they found him sitting in the car, whose engine was still running, in the wee hours of July 4. He acknowledged smoking marijuana and taking a prescription sedative, prosecutors said.
    Yep, a sedative.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

These are the same talking points being used against Prop 19 in California.

Peeps! Smoke yer pocket lint responsibly, OK? The only way to win is not to play the game.

George Michael deserves it for being stupid, he was asking for it.
    He likes to get caught, the naughty boy. Hire a driver, and sit in the back.

If the judge has never done bong hits, he will judge the effects via hearsay.
    Last edited by WØTKX; 09-14-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Obviously, the judge has never done bong hits.
    Or has never stopped doing bong hits.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Or has never stopped doing bong hits.
    I must have missed where he called George a "lightweight". ;)

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Or is being paid to say that.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    This post should have that "Oh God! Not this again...." But I'd be copying someone else to put it here.

George Michael gets 8 weeks jail for drug driving

Here's the hysteria...

It wasn't the pot that caused the crash. Don't know what those prescription drugs were, but if it was, say, valium or something like that, that'd be far, far more likely to cause a crash - especially if abused.
    That's the nice thing about marijuana. You can be totally stoned and it won't affect your ability to drive. Even a little bit of valium or alcohol will affect your ability to drive. But you can smoke a ton and a half of the strongest weed and you'll drive with no problem. I've been with friends in cars smoking up a storm and no problems. That''s the beauty of pot. It gets you loaded but it doesn't impair your judgment or ability to think clearly. Thats why some of the greatest inventors, artists, and creators were potheads.

Marijuana addiction? If the fact that this is being shoved up everyone's asses wasn't so tragic, stupid, misinformed and just plain wrong, I'd be :rofl: over it. But as it is, it really makes me want to cry.
    Most judges, law enforcement, and establishment types don't turn on. So, how would they know that you can't get addicted to weed ? They are still into the age old reefer madness crap...still believing in the "marijuana addiction" crap.

Yep, a sedative.
    It's the sedative that did it. But The Man will insist it was the weed. they'll do anything to give weed a bum rap.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Peeps! Smoke yer pocket lint responsibly, OK? The only way to win is not to play the game.

George Michael deserves it for being stupid, he was asking for it.
    He likes to get caught, the naughty boy. Hire a driver, and sit in the back.

If the judge has never done bong hits, he will judge the effects via hearsay.
    That's the thing...he was smoking responsibly. There is nothing irresponsible about smoking a bone while your behind the wheel. Pot is different than booze or pills. Pot doesn't waste your judgement... it enhances it.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    That's the thing...he was smoking responsibly. There is nothing irresponsible about smoking a bone while your behind the wheel. Pot is different than booze or pills. Pot doesn't waste your judgement... it enhances it.
    "Son, Do you realize you were doing 15 in a 45mph zone?"

*Giggle*, *snort*, "No waaaaaay." *hahahahahahahahahaha*

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Pot doesn't waste your judgement... it enhances it.
    So , whatta you smokin' , male leaves ?
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB