Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: W0TKX Brother Dave's turn on the coochie

Banned

W0TKX Brother Dave's turn on the coochie

So, what's a decent, bright, amiable guy like you doing here in this pack of misfits?
    How's that hand/wrist coming along?
    What do you think the country needs to get it straightened out?
    Are you a Denverian from birth or one of those insufferable transplants?
    Are you mentally unsound, OCD, M/D, AAADD, anorexia bulimia, PTSD, Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, AC/DC?

Wow, that's a lot to take in... stats first. Insufferable transplant since '90. Been a hopeless alpine
    skiing addict since 1968, frequently teaching part time at local hills. Skiing is my muse.

Born in Connecticut in '56, Dad was in grad school but got hired before he's finished his masters,
    out east for a few months while he got started with American Cyanamid as an Agriculturist.

Back to Portland for the first few years to finish school, moved to the Minneapolis area by the time I was two.
    This was right in the middle of Dad's huge territory. He traveled a lot, which drove Mom nuts.

My sister Katie was born while we were still renting a house just before the "House on Quinn". Things got weirder,
    more on that later... But basically I "grew up" in the Minneapolis suburb of Bloomington, till Montana State in 1974.

As far as finding the IOMH, I've always been a "misfit"... noticed the "rift" on QRZ. So I lurked... then made noise.

That leaves the current health situation, the "our country" scenario, and my "state of mind". I'll ruminate on those
    and think about how to pull it off appropriately and clearly, without "causing harm". HmmMMmmm. ;)
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Banned
    nutty mom, that's credentials right there....

Ooh...ooh, were you ever marry-ed, any kids?

All inquiries are optional to answer of course.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 09-14-2010 at 05:30 PM.

You seem to have gravitated between ski bum and techie grunt a bit in life. Explain that.

Ever meet Hunter Thompson?

Uhh yea, I got really 'effin drunk and worse in a Snowmass, bar in the 80;s on vacation. Hunter Thompson held us captivated for about two hours with rants and stories. All you had to do was holler "Nixon" and he'd go off again. He would have been hilarious in Congress if he could have stayed sober...

No kids... due to my nature and nurture, I decided it might not be a good idea, for a variety of reasons. I really dig teaching kids tho, more so than adults. Teaching and training seems to be a talent, spreading the "grok" creates joy and excitement. Some people have a minor pro music or acting side, for me it's teaching skiing, and sometimes tech courses.

But I really love building, designing, maintaining and tinkering with electronics, gadgets, and software. Take my brain to a different "place" and try to figure out the puzzle, and understand it's "song". Like a moth to a flame, tinker tinker.

Maybe a shop teacher or something... and I do like farming, more on that later.

Well, let's do the current health thing. My right hand is still pretty locked up, my left leg is improved a lot. Bicycling is do-able, and I want to try skating.

Mostly I try to walk a lot, especially up and down hills, via traversing. This works the atrophied lateral balance muscles. I WILL SKI AGAIN, and soon.

I've almost quit taking the Tramadol, once or twice a week if I over do it, and before therapy, as one visit a week is as vigorous as I can stand it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

I've almost quit taking the Tramadol,
    Did you ever do oxy? How does it compare to oxy?
    I can't take Hydro/apap (Norco) anymore it makes me feel worse.
    Mebbe I should try Tramadol?

Tramadol dances on the edge of being an opiate in the brain.
    That's all I can say. Hope it helped.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Tramadol dances on the edge of being an opiate in the brain.
    That's all I can say. Hope it helped.
    I read it's page on Wiki. Does that serotonin uptake thing like the anti depression meds. Never had any luck with them.