Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are all gonna die!!!

We are all gonna die!!!

May as well send me all your money. You will not need it anymore.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/07...nesday/?hpt=C2

Been nice knowing you all......
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Banned
    Hello.

We have satellites bigger than that!

Is either of them the source of the sex ray from Flesh Gordon?
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

The objects don't pose a threat to Earth, and they will not be visible to the naked eye, said Donald Yeomans,
    It's like the illness that has no symptoms.

Hello

We have black helicopters bigger than those.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Roughly 50 million objects pass through near-Earth space each day, Yeomans said. But what makes this situation noteworthy is that these two asteroids are passing so close to Earth on the same day and that NASA spotted them so far in advance...

The Minor Planet Center in Cambridge, Massachusetts, first received the observations Sunday morning, determined preliminary orbits and concluded both objects would pass within the distance of the moon about three days later.
    Call me unimpressed.

1) What about the other 49,999,998 objects they missed?

2) "...so far in advance." and "Sunday" doesn't seem that far in advance. That's barely enough time to kiss yer butt goodbye.

3) Tell me that you'll actually release information on Sunday about an Asteroid about to pulverize us on Wednesday and THEN I'll be impressed. But I'll bet that doesn't ever happen.

Nothing like these press releases from NASA. Give yerselves another pat on the back.
    Last edited by N2NH; 09-08-2010 at 08:03 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Anybody page Bruce Willis yet?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Far out man, I knew retirement was not going to be a problem...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    The objects will visible from Earth as tiny specks of light with the help of moderate-sized amateur telescopes, he said.
    Ya gotta love the dedication and passion of amateur astronomers. I'm sure there's a bunch who are going to stay up and out all night looking at those two "tiny specks of light ".

3) Tell me that you'll actually release information on Sunday about an Asteroid about to pulverize us on Wednesday and THEN I'll be impressed. But I'll bet that doesn't ever happen.
    Didja see the "April Fool's" episiode of Family Guy. It was all about something like that.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    Ya gotta love the dedication and passion of amateur astronomers. I'm sure there's a bunch who are going to stay up and out all night looking at those two "tiny specks of light ".

Didja see the "April Fool's" episiode of Family Guy. It was all about something like that.
    Was that the "end of the world" episode? Nuclear explosion, family survives, helps other survivors form a new town -- and leaves it, Stewie morphs into some sort of mutant, and a very, very special ending spoofing a certain prime time soap.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati