Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Solar power beacon on 13.560 mHz

Banned

Solar power beacon on 13.560 mHz

I have temporarily put up my beacon. It transmits "L" at 10 WPM on 13.560 mHz (Part 15) and puts out about 5 mW into a 1/4 wave vertical.

I'm testing its new solar power system I built for it. About 20 sq in of solar cells and 6 AA NiMH 2500 AH batteries should keep it going 24/7 even if it's cloudy.

Let me know if you hear it. Antenna isn't set up very well right now but I'll move it later today possibly.

So what the L does that stand for?

And if the Taylorsville Pirate ever fires back up on or around that frequency you're gonna get QRMed fiercely.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    I have temporarily put up my beacon. It transmits "L" at 10 WPM on 13.560 mHz (Part 15) and puts out about 5 mW into a 1/4 wave vertical. < snip ?>
    13.560 milli Hertz?

(I know, I know, but technically, that's what a small "m" means!)

Sorry to say, it's too far out of band for me to hear on either the Omni or the Corsair.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    So what the L does that stand for?
    It's the only lesbian beacon in the US.

Did you get Lizzie to help subsidize the outfit? :-P
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Uh, sure.

But since you brought the subject up...

Went to the Pirates game with our son last Saturday; he came up from DC to participate in the annual fantasy football draft with his HS pals, and this was the first time he'd gone to a game with us at PNC Park since he started working for the Nationals (save for his bachelor party, but he didn't go to that game with us. Well kinda, but that's another story.) His buddies at the Pirates comped him some really nice seats, and we enjoyed the game even though the Nats crushed the Pirates. Even the Pirate Parrot came up to see him, even teased him a little by making elbow references (Bud was wearing a Stephen Strasburg jersey, and he just underwent Tommy Johns elbow reconstruction surgery, but I digress)

It was also a "Skyblast" fireworks & concert night. Well, the people sitting behind us left in the 7th inning. Right before the Skyblast actually starts (it takes about 20-25 minutes to set up after a game) these four pretty, college age bimbos come over and take the seats behind us.

Note to KG4CGC: No, I don't have pictures, I forgot the damn camera. Wish I hadn't.

3 of the 4 were very drunk. 1 wasn't. She's the one who kept apologizing. She's also the one who kept grabbing her one blonde friend and pulling her shorts back up (she was wearling lime green underwear with pink elastic... wasn't hard to miss when she kept swinging her hips into the back & side of my head) and her t-shirt back down (she had a very interesting series of brown stars on her side... like I said).

They were also, ah, quite friendly with each other. Let's just say kissing and groping and first base. Now personally, I really don't care... but between the dancer nailing me in the head with her hips, elbowing my wife and daughter, and getting Bud in the back of his head with her knees (not all at the same time, mind you, but still), and turning around to ask her to stop and then getting to witness the, ah, friendliness...

Like I said, the sober one (designated driver?) kept apologizing. I started to politely ask them to change seats, but the boss stopped me; she didn't want to see me get in a fight with drunks, not in front of my daughter at least). And fortunately, they left right before the concert & grand finale ended.

Afterwards, my daughter asked us "were they gay or something?" I said something on the lines of "looks like it, but they were too drunk to ask." And she then vowed never to touch a drop of alcohol in her life.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Must be lonely...
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Orca Whisperer
    I'll check this when I get back to the house.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Coming soon to a Girls Gone Wild! DVD near you...