Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: QSO anyone?

Banned

QSO anyone?

I'm trying PSK31 on ~7.073

7.073 or 7.037? The latter is the more common freq for PSK31 on 40m.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    7.073 or 7.037? The latter is the more common freq for PSK31 on 40m.
    7.073. I've actually been in a QSO with WB9UHL from Rockfor IL right now. I guess my crappy antenna and power supply work. :)

Okay, I'm there. Not hearing your signal at all but that's just as likely the fault of my puny little station plus poor band conditions as anything else. We are a long way apart. Plus, it's still daylight here so 40 isn't really my best choice.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Wow. That was the longest HF QSO I've ever had. An hour and a half. My radio works. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    Wow. That was the longest HF QSO I've ever had. An hour and a half. My radio works. Woohoo!
    Kewl! I listened for you but it's still daylight here on the Left Coast so band conditions aren't really good for 40m.

I really need to get with the program here. I've been a ham since '87...and most of my qso's are in CW. Some AM on 160 and 75...Always wanted to try PSK31...sounds like something to try this fall....
    Jesus is coming. Look busy.

Ya know, I've got all the stuff to do PSK, but I just haven't go to it. I guess I need to type a little faster than 20 mistakes a minute, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AA0CX View Post
    I really need to get with the program here. I've been a ham since '87...and most of my qso's are in CW. Some AM on 160 and 75...Always wanted to try PSK31...sounds like something to try this fall....
    It's fun, my favorite mode. PSK31 is lot like QRP operation since you don't want to run more than 35-40 watts, but that's been enough for me to make contacts with New Zealand, Argentina, Russia and Portugal from here on the Left Coast.

It will work with old rigs, won't it?