Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New DX entities

New DX entities

The five islands of the Netherlands Antilles in the Caribbean Sea are to undergo constitutional status changes next month and result in a four new DXCC entities.

Sint Maarten PJ7, Curacao PJ2, Bonaire PJ4, each are to become a DX entity, while Saba PJ6 and Sint Eustatius PJ5 combined, are set to be a single entity due to their close proximity.

There are two announced DXpeditions to Sint Maarten, and one each to Saba, Bonaire and Curacao, with that island also being the venue at the time for the Global Amateur Radio Emergency Conference GAREC-2010.

The DX community is waiting for the 10th day of the 10th month 2010 for the new DX entities

Two existing DXCC entities, PJ2/PJ4 Leeward Islands and PJ5/PJ6/PJ7 Windward Islands, is said to be set for deletion at the same time.

Aruba P4 seceded from the Netherlands Antilles in 1986 and gained DXCC entity status at that time.

"If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

What took you so long? I wrote about this is my club newsletter months ago!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

“Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

I'm no DX minded person...

Good you were a lightyear ahead of me ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

All kidding aside, no problem.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

ARRL Awards Committee Statement on Dissolution of the Netherlands Antillies

From an email sent a few minutes ago:

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore NC1L, Awards Branch Manager
    To clarify the administrative process by which the anticipated changes to the two existing Netherlands Antilles DXCC entities will be made, the ARRL Awards Committee has determined that at 0400Z (12:00 AM local timein the islands) on 10 October 2010, the two Netherland Antilles DXCC entities will be deleted.

Commencing at 0400Z (12:00 AM local time) on 10 October, 2010, operation from the islands of Curacao, Bonaire, Sint Maarten, Saba, and St Eustatius will count for a yet-to-be-determined number of new entities under the DXCC List Criteria, and Political Entities, Rule 1 and/or Rule 2 Geographic Separation Entities. When the Awards Committee determines what Rule 1 or Rule 2 actions apply, it will announce the final disposition of the entities on the DXCC list.

The DXCC desk will not accept confirmations for these new entities until after 1 January, 2011.

Last edited by W3WN; 09-23-2010 at 01:54 PM.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Cool! I can use some new ones. After 27 years, i finally got 7X...thats the last new one i got. It had been quite a while since the last one before that. Once you get past 220, it slows way down.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

I know what you mean. I'm looking forward to finally breaking the 300 worked/confirmed plateau!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

I am not counting Lebenon since Puzant has a nasty habit of ignoring my request for a simple little piece of cardboard, ive sent him money on numerous occasions through the most secured means i can...oh well. I have to wait for another OD station i guess.

I have a weird log, i have some great and rare ones confirmed, but i still dont have commons like 4X or SV. Still waiting for the bands to really pop, ive seen some signs of life lately, but its sporadic, nothing i can do about that unfortunately.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Still waiting for the bands to really pop, ive seen some signs of life lately, but its sporadic, nothing i can do about that unfortunately.
    Night time 40m has been getting pretty lively out here on the Left Coast. Lots of JA, VK and LOA action lately.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.