Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Adam N7YA, the couch awaits you.

Adam N7YA, the couch awaits you.

Your turn to burn. What kind of music do you get paid to play? What do you play for your pleasure? What kind of bass are you playing in the avatar? it looks Fenderish but I cannot tell.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Who does your photography? When did you first realize that you were musical?

Do you know my sister-in-law Sandy? She's a checker at Albertson's in Vegas.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Do you know my brother? He thinks he might move to Las Vegas in about 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Do you know my sister-in-law Sandy? She's a checker at Albertson's in Vegas.
    All the guys know Sandy.;)

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Banned
    Hello.

The couch? hell no, they put me in a rubber room!

BUMP>>>>

You are correct, and I choose....YOU!!!. What kind of bass do you play? It looks Fenderish. I used to play an Ibanez fretless. But this aint about me anymore

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Yes it is. I have two Fender American J's...good for any gig, and holds tune like a champ. I still have my old Ibanez 5-string, well, the skeleton of it, from back in the 90's sitting in my closet. Used it on a lot of old original band gigs...funny you mention fretless, i tore the frets out of that one too. Go figure. :chin:

cul de n8tb

Oh Geez!! Sorry guys, i guess i should check the new threads section a little more often!

Well, you do see the answer to the bass question there, ill try to answer the others then i guess i have to choose someone else...

I currently get paid to play hiphop and rock in one of the top production/touring bands in town, we just played our second feature show at Wet Republic with the Studio 54 dancers and some guys from Americas Got Talent who bang on ladders with drumsticks. Were the house band at Harrahs Carnival Court (the worlds top flair bartenders...Barkeep, we'll be looking for you there)...basically, with this economy, were one of the lucky ones so i try not to pump my chest too much.

I realized i was musical as a toddler, i played anything that made noise and picked it up pretty quickly. I was influenced by hard rock, jazz, avant garde, prog, metal and especially old school funk. I started playing bass at the age of 12 by trying to learn simple stuff like Weather Report, Rush, Steely Dan and The Who...32 years playing now. Its always a thrill to still pick up the bass to play, never lost the childlike facination for it, never will, im a lifer.

The avatar is me soloing at a corporate event at Tryst, inside the Wynn resort...if money were no object, THATS what i want my living room to look like. Thats a 100' tall manmade waterfall behind me. The bass is my 2003 American Jazz, but its the back up to my main bass which is having issues right now from all the outdoor gigs and banging around in overhead compartments. Main bass is also an '03 AmJazz, but with a rosewod fretboard, warmer tone and just "feels right", but the S1 switch is busted, a new one is in the mail. I have a closet of backups, but most dont see the light of day. For pleasure, i play whatever feels good at this point, i have gotten paid to play so many different styles now, turning pro way back when was the best thing i could do for my playing so if its fun, ill play along. But i really do enjoy putting my iTunes on and cranking up the old school funk and jamming along with my old heroes.:)

The photography is mostly taken by the VP of the production company i mainly work for, Trina Willardson. Shes a boss, HR/accounting, wife of the company owner (who is also our guitarist), etc...but she is a great photographer for this kind of work.

I do all my shopping at Albertsons. Im starting to collect those little stickers for the cookware promotion...but i dont know Sandy. Which Albertsons?

Ok, thats about it...hope that is what were looking for with the couch thing. Ill look around and choose someone next....hmmm.....
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Does your music, ever give you pain? Not serious break down, can't go on with life pain, but with time is there a note that circles back to a past experience?

Nah, im pretty happy overall because i simply stopped caring. But i do get pain in my hands so i have to do full stretches, i also get knots in my shoulders after busy weeks from wearing that big slab of wood...those Fenders are beasts!

Honestly, im happier in my life now than ive ever been before because im finally getting a hold on it. Boring, i know.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.