Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Paging Mr. Popeil

Paging Mr. Popeil

I've been passing along some of my tomato output from the garden to a co-worker (who happens to be married to KB3RVI, but that's another story). So the other day, she tells me that she wants to give me something in thanks for all of the fruit (you did know tomatoes are actually a fruit, didn't you?)

So Saturday afternoon, she shows up at my house with a Popeil Rotisserie, since she knows I like to cook, and she doesn't have room for it.

I'm just not entirely sure what to do with it, cooking wise. Any suggestions? (As in what to make in it, wise guys)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Does it slice, dice, make hundreds of julienne fries and mounds of cole slaw?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    No, But it does do roasts, chicken, leg of lamb.......
    Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    I've been passing along some of my tomato output from the garden to a co-worker (who happens to be married to KB3RVI, but that's another story). So the other day, she tells me that she wants to give me something in thanks for all of the fruit (you did know tomatoes are actually a fruit, didn't you?)

So Saturday afternoon, she shows up at my house with a Popeil Rotisserie, since she knows I like to cook, and she doesn't have room for it.

I'm just not entirely sure what to do with it, cooking wise. Any suggestions? (As in what to make in it, wise guys)
    "I'm just not entirely sure what to do with it, cooking wise."

"SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!!!"

Or, you could use it to cook what you catch with this. "Buy one, get one free!"

Guys, you all better treat me nice because I met Mr. Popiel IN PERSON!!! Yep, he was hawking his pasta maker in the Lecther's (remember them? They had [mostly] good stuff. No wonder they went out of business! The even sold Whip-its!) down the street from me. Gawd!!!! What a slick huckster that man is! Took a few days to get over the trauma of being that close to him.

Enjoy your rotisserie! Set it and Forget it!

"...and she doesn't have room for it."

Or maybe would be embarassed to be seen using it?
    Last edited by W1GUH; 08-30-2010 at 11:34 AM.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    * sigh *

It's not a Vegematic.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    "I'm just not entirely sure what to do with it, cooking wise."

"SET IT AND FORGET IT!!!!!"

Or, you could use it to cook what you catch with this. "Buy one, get one free!"

Guys, you all better treat me nice because I met Mr. Popiel IN PERSON!!! Yep, he was hawking his pasta maker in the Lecther's (remember them? They had [mostly] good stuff. No wonder they went out of business! The even sold Whip-its!) down the street from me. Gawd!!!! What a slick huckster that man is! Took a few days to get over the trauma of being that close to him.

Enjoy your rotisserie! Set it and Forget it!

"...and she doesn't have room for it."

Or maybe would be embarassed to be seen using it?
    No, she doesn't have room for it. I've been to her house, it's small. And John's MS has flared up again, he gets around mainly on an electric scooter at the moment... she really doesn't have room in her kitchen for it.

I see I wasn't explicit enough, not that any of you guys would ever pass up a straight line, and you didn't.

I was seeking suggestions as to recipes to try out in the thing. I know there's always someone around here who has one or two... but wait! there's more! not available in any store!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Didn't I hear Mr. Popiel say that it comes with a recipe book?
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    No, she doesn't have room for it. I've been to her house, it's small. And John's MS has flared up again, he gets around mainly on an electric scooter at the moment... she really doesn't have room in her kitchen for it.

I see I wasn't explicit enough, not that any of you guys would ever pass up a straight line, and you didn't.

I was seeking suggestions as to recipes to try out in the thing. I know there's always someone around here who has one or two... but wait! there's more! not available in any store!
    Notice, I mentioned that you could do chicken, roasts, leg of lamb etc as possibilities BUT no where do I see mention what TYPE of recipe you are looking for..............what are YOU in a mood for, something as simple as some lemon pepper chicken breasts fixed in the basket to lime glazed leg of lamb?
    Last edited by kd8dey; 08-30-2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    Didn't I hear Mr. Popiel say that it comes with a recipe book?
    I haven't looked through the documentation yet, so I don't know.

I take it you don't have any recipe suggestions then?

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kd8dey View Post
    Notice, I mentioned that you could do chicken, roasts, leg of lamb etc as possibilities BUT no where do I see mention what TYPE of recipe you are looking for..............
    Ah, not that I want to get into circular reasoning here, but...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!