Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suddenseer, "On The Couch"

Suddenseer, "On The Couch"

Your turn Mr. Seer!

When did you first realize that you had an avocation for things associated with amateur radio and was it electronics or community that had the most draw for you?

Banned
    yeah!...how 'bout it?
    ...what?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Your turn Mr. Seer!

When did you first realize that you had an avocation for things associated with amateur radio and was it electronics or community that had the most draw for you?
    I was just 8 years old when I bought this weird am broadcast rcvr at a garage sale. I could tune above 1600 Khz. I heard these guys talking on am about 1800 Khz I guess. They were having fun talking to each other on the air. They were hams. I sent reception reports to some of them, and received my first qsl cards. My dad was a cber in the 1960's so I was not unfamiliar with radio transmissions. I got a Novice Ticket WN8YuD when I was a teenager. When I upgraded to WB8YUD. I thought I was the shiznit. I went to a vocational high school program and was mentored by another ham. I succesfully passed the FCC first radio telephony with microwave endorsement license. I was an 18 year old kid who could legally be a BE, but had no clue how to be one.
    Just because you can pass a test does not mean you know what you are doing.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I enrolled at Wright State Univ in Dayton, Ohio. My major was bio medical engineering. I got 2 years in. I met Jesus. Became a right wing pentecostal christian. I was struggling with my sexual orientation. I really did not want to be gay. Even though I was. My church had a wife for me to marry. I wanted to serve Jesus. I fasted for 29 days to get rid of the gay part of me. It did not work. I thought Gawd wanted me to be a minister. I transfered my college credits to my churches bible college. graduated 2 years later as a married student. My wife gave me a son, and a daughter. My son died of sids. I only came to deal with this this year. I already was given the left foot of fellowship from my church when I graduated, because I could not accept the bullshit that I saw. I decided to enroll in a Methodist Seminary in Dayton Ohio . I went for about a year. I had become a Pantheist by then. I could not stay in something I really did not believe in. I guess I have a year to go to get a Masters degree in theology. My BS was Systematic Theology.
    Last edited by suddenseer; 08-29-2010 at 07:39 PM.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

That's pretty hardcore and it is unfortunate that many have followed a similar path and have had parallel experiences. We all must deal with something, or so it would seem. The real test I guess you could say, is how we end up on the other side of those experiences.

What would you attribute to your path towards happiness or at least your best attempt? (if that's worded properly)

The happiness part came 9 years ago when I came out of the closet. I told my wife that I strugglrd with homosexual tendencies when I proposed to her. I really thought I would eraticate my inner most being. Nine years ago I had put my wife through college. I sometimes worked 3 jobs while she went to school. I had enough of living a lie. I told her I was gay. ( She knew). I never cheated one her. I was faithful to our marriage contract. We made gradual plans of divorcing, and separating. Almost like a legal contract. I met my partner soon afterwards. On Oct 8 we will have begun our ninth year together. We had a religious commitment cerimony back in 2003. My family was there. My ex wife was there approving. My daughter and son in law was there, as well as his religious community. We are like any other married couple. 9 years as a gay couple is like 40 years in gay world. I am in love with the man I am with. If the stupid country would get their collective head out of their ass I would legally marry him. I do not want to invade people who do not agree with this. I just want equal rights as an American citizen to marry who I choose.

cul de n8tb

Good story, Seer. Thanks for taking the time to tell us.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Good story, Seer. Thanks for taking the time to tell us.
    time nothing, thanks for baring your soul to us all.
    On a lighter note, why don't you use your call as your user name?

Banned
    Wow, thank you for sharing that SS.

Thank you for sharing. That is very brave.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick