Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there people out there this stupid?

Are there people out there this stupid?

We would like to inform you that as of the 29th of August you are late in updating your W-2 form submition with the new updated version. Please send us your completed W-2 update form by 10/09/2010. The updated version of the W-2 form please click on the link below:
    http://www.irs.gov/irm/part3/W-2-update/
    Internal Revenue Service
    Of course further examination of the actual imbedded html reveals:

We would like to inform you that as of the 29th of August you are late in updating your W-2 form <br>
    submition with the new updated version. Please send us your completed W-2 update form by <br>
    10/09/2010. The updated version of the W-2 form please click on the link below:<br>
    </font></span><b>
    <a href="http://lienket.us/home/W-2form.exe">http://www.irs.gov/irm/part3/W-2-update/</a><br>

Internal Revenue Service <br>
    I'm not sure which is dumber. People who fall for this stuff, or the idiots who think people fall for this stuff. Probably the former.

The highlighted domain above resolves to Ho Chi Minh City. Vietnam. Like that's a big surprise..... :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

If you cast a wide enough net , and only the stupidest 2 per cent respond , you've got all you can handle .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Banned
    Hello.

Just fixed it, it no longer redirects.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KA5PIU View Post
    Hello.

Just fixed it, it no longer redirects.

Thank you.
    That's from an email I got today. Exactly how did you fix a redirect in my personal email?
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    That's from an email I got today. Exactly how did you fix a redirect in my personal email?
    He wrote the email and he's gonna send you an updated version?

Banned
    Hello.

Try the first link. ;)
    W-2form.exe is nothing but a capture file, 480kb in size.
    Not saying that this did happen, but if somebody were the return this filled out form with an .exe that had some real mean code? ;)

Banned
    My linux netbook scoffs at your exe.

My mailwasher Pro eats that kind of junk before i see it...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    My linux netbook scoffs at your exe.
    As does my laptop, which dual boots Linux and Mac OS X.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Hello.

True, but there really are stupid people out there, the ones doing the phising included. ;)