Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's On The Couch?

Who's On The Couch?

"Who's On The Couch" is a thread where forum members can ask questions about another forum member who is featured for a short period (1 to 4 days) on the couch in this thread. After the member has had his or her time on the couch, that member gets to name the next person to be featured On The Couch and that person will be asked questions for a few days and then name another member to be On The Couch ... and so on.

I'll go on the couch first. Now who has the first question?

To quote from Blazing Saddles:

"What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? "
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    To quote from Blazing Saddles:

"What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this? "
    Clearly I have been misplaced and relocated. Once a center of finding employment, I now ask myself the same question. Alas, the YL and I are now settled in to our mundane existence and endure each grueling moment surrounded by the proboscis of teabaggery.
    I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death. Believe it or not, we actually had to, escape. It was nerve wracking for my parents as the flight was delayed 4 hours and if the authorities had gotten wind of what we were up to, it would have been all over.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I'll go on the couch first. Now who has the first question?
    To quote from Full Metal Jacket....."What the fuck's your major malfunction Pyle"?

Banned
    I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death. Believe it or not, we actually had to, escape.
    oh no!.....not that.

Banned
    Clearly I have been misplaced and relocated. Once a center of finding employment, I now ask myself the same question. Alas, the YL and I are now settled in to our mundane existence and endure each grueling moment surrounded by the proboscis of teabaggery.
    I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death. Believe it or not, we actually had to, escape. It was nerve wracking for my parents as the flight was delayed 4 hours and if the authorities had gotten wind of what we were up to, it would have been all over.
    This new couch business of yours won't get off the ground without honest intelligent answers to questions posed.

I have recently learned that my family was forced to leave Egypt under threat of death.
    So, you're Jewish, then?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    This new couch business of yours won't get off the ground without honest intelligent answers to questions posed.
    Would you prefer I lie?
    The escape is something that I learned of just one week ago and my father never spoke of it until I started asking questions. We left in 1966 but the circumstances leading up to it date back to 1950.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    So, you're Jewish, then?
    No sir. We are Christians although I left Christianity behind in 1980. During the period of time leading up to our leaving, the Muslims were eradicating Christians and those whom they considered to be enemies of the state as the Muslims, who were in power in the government, had began nationalizing everything in Egypt around 1958 or 1959. We were considered to be enemies of the state due to the actions of one vindictive person who was caught stealing dye stuffs and other textiles chemicals where my father worked.

Banned
    No sir. We are Christians although I left Christianity behind in 1980. During the period of time leading up to our leaving, the Muslims were eradicating Christians and those whom they considered to be enemies of the state as the Muslims, who were in power in the government, had began nationalizing everything in Egypt around 1958 or 1959. We were considered to be enemies of the state due to the actions of one vindictive person who was caught stealing dye stuffs and other textiles chemicals where my father worked.
    Wow. That's pretty deep. Does this change how you feel about the Muslim faith and Muslims in general? I know you've been pretty neutral and "live and let live" until now.