Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I can't watch videos any more

Banned

I can't watch videos any more

with out them pausing every 15 seconds. What would cause this? Is my memory all used up? How can I do a memory test on windows 7 on an HP laptop?

Been a problem for many weeks now.
    tnx jty

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    with out them pausing every 15 seconds. What would cause this? Is my memory all used up? How can I do a memory test on windows 7 on an HP laptop?

Been a problem for many weeks now.
    tnx jty
    I would be suspicious of your ISP if you are sure the problem is not with your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I would be suspicious of your ISP if you are sure the problem is not with your machine.
    I second that--they may be throttling your throughput. Are you on Comcast, by any chance?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    I ran a memory check and passed. Since it hit both my machines at the same time I'm attributing it to my chicken shit road runner light service from Time Warner Cable.
    I've been having connection lost problems with them too. Time to call 'em and pitch a bitch.

My ISP claimed I was guilty of suspicious downloading. OK, whatever that means. Our connection was throttled back and I complained. In 2007 there were a few sites offering free music without the need for P2P software and I took advantage of some free trial periods. ISP (Charter) was in Sony's back pocket and if you use their F-Secure, they know what you are doing. At least they think they do because they claimed I was using Limewire and they have been known to let Sony anally rape Charter customers for using P2P software.

Find one of those speedtest sites.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Find one of those speedtest sites.
    http://www.speedtest.net/

Just pick a server close to your location!

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    http://www.speedtest.net/

Just pick a server close to your location!
    23.77 Mb/s down
    4.51 Mb/s up
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    My ISP claimed I was guilty of suspicious downloading. OK, whatever that means. Our connection was throttled back and I complained. In 2007 there were a few sites offering free music without the need for P2P software and I took advantage of some free trial periods. ISP (Charter) was in Sony's back pocket and if you use their F-Secure, they know what you are doing. At least they think they do because they claimed I was using Limewire and they have been known to let Sony anally rape Charter customers for using P2P software.
    Got a buddy whose wife's home business account was shut down by Comcast for bit-torrenting a couple movies. All he could get on the net was a redirect to a "contact us" page. He called them and got a minor lecture about piracy. After promising to "not do it again" they turned everything back on. I use bit-torrent stuff rarely these days. Comcast just called me a couple weeks ago and gave me a faster connection + Cinemax for $5/mo. The whores! We seem to use about 20-30GB of bandwidth a month, and they don't limit on bandwidth until you hit 250GB.

I avoid Sony products anymore... They're no longer a consumer friendly company - haven't been for some time.

Banned
    Hello.

I am on AT&T and SBC internet, one is DSL and the other is dial-up.
    I also have university access, a point to point microwave system.
    Even on dial-up I can watch some movies.
    And, Sony has had issues with piracy.
    Nintendo has refused to release the FamaCom in the Americas market, citing piracy.
    Sony has released all kinds of anti-piracy gadgets, from the Betamax to the UMD for the PSP.
    Yet the amazing thing about all of this is that Sony was at the tail end of this just a few years ago.
    When the VCR came out there was question about the rights to tape a TV production, and Sony did everything to argue for the rights of the public.