Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Touch-screen Tablet Can Triple Boot...

Touch-screen Tablet Can Triple Boot...

Whoa! This Touch-screen Tablet Can Triple Boot Mac OS X, Windows 7 and Linux !
    By Skipper Eye | August 14th, 2010

It was just April of this year when we first started hearing about an affordable Hackintosh-capable touch-screen Tablet called the Axon Haptic. Today, it is a reality and you’ll be able to pre-order it this week for $750, oh and did I tell you that it runs Windows 7, Mac OS X and Linux – all in one!

Haptic is designed from scratch in a way that it will be fully compatible to run any Darwin OS, like Apple’s Mac OS X out-of-the-box, kinda like those Dell Mini 10V netbooks from 2009. Of course they wont be shipping OS X with it for obvious reasons, in fact it will not be bundled with any OS, but you will be able to install
    any of the mentioned OS’ easily should you choose to.

http://www.redmondpie.com/axon-hapti...ndows-7-linux/

Great--a tablet that can run three different operating systems that were never intended to work without pointing device, equipped with a primitive resistive touch screen and which costs $800. Makes me want to run right out and buy one...
    Last edited by NQ6U; 08-17-2010 at 03:45 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I'll stick to my Acer Travelmate 7720G laptop...better 17" screeen too ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    I'll stick to my Acer Travelmate 7720G laptop...better 17" screeen too ;)
    on the one hand, i like the 17" screens on two of the laptops that i use regularly.

on the other, i don't want to carry either of those laptops anywhere i don't have to. they really are desktops that can take a walk if they need to ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Banned
    I like my two Acer Aspire One's. The one I'm using now runs Windows 7, the other Ubuntu 9.04. I know I could dual-boot, been there, done that. I often use them at the same time, depending on what I'm working on.

And, of course, that $800 doesn't even include any of the listed operating systems. Darwin is a pretty rudimentary form of Unix that's not going to satisfy most users. Linux is free, of course, but Windows 7 Home edition is another $100 as is Mac OS X so you're talking about a grand for this POS. You could buy a MacBook for that much, set it up to triple boot all three operating systems and have a real computer.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I'll stick to my desktop machine + 27 inch monitor. I don;t want a computer when I go out anywhere. I want to get away from computers now and then.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

I'll stick with my iPad with only one operating system. I trust Uncle Steve to know what's best for me.
    Scott - NØIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"

Oooooo! Don't get flayed with ear buds...

Last edited by WØTKX; 08-22-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Great--a tablet that can run three different operating systems that were never intended to work without pointing device, equipped with a primitive resistive touch screen and which costs $800. Makes me want to run right out and buy one...
    Me too...:roll:

Laptops: Get a small one. The larger they are the more of a PITA they are to lug around. Just get a big monitor for home!

I tried using an iPad but it was kinda big and bulky...wouldn't fit right and didn't really do the job! Maybe one with wings?
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.