Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Divorce: Good for your golf swing?

Divorce: Good for your golf swing?

PARAMUS, N.J. - Tiger Woods finally looked like the No. 1 player in the world. In his first tournament since his divorce, Woods played his best round of the year Thursday at The Barclays by missing only one fairway, putting for birdie on all but two holes and shooting a 6-under 65 for his lowest score all season.

"It feels good to be able to control my ball all day like this," Woods said.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38863884/ns/sports-golf/

I'm rooting for the guy, actually. No one can defend how he treated his wife and family, but hopefully in the long term everyone involved will be happy. His wife reportedly walked away with at least $200 million, that'd make me happy. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    His wife reportedly walked away with at least $200 million, that'd make me happy. ;)
    I agree. I'd be happy to let my wife f*ck around all she likes if she'd pay me $200 million.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Getting divorced did not help my triple bogey a bit. Chip shot into the water....plink.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I'd be willing to bet there's more to that (Woods) story than is being let out.

As in, the Missus somehow developed 'sporadic closed-legs syndrome' a short time into their marriage.

The following may not be 'right', but an old country boy buddy of mine once opined "If the dog doesn't get fed at your house, he certainly will at the neighbors'".
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I'd be willing to bet there's more to that (Woods) story than is being let out.

As in, the Missus somehow developed 'sporadic closed-legs syndrome' a short time into their marriage.

The following may not be 'right', but an old country boy buddy of mine once opined "If the dog doesn't get fed at your house, he certainly will at the neighbors'".
    Anything is possible, but by all accounts his father was the same way. I doubt there's a cheating gene, but he certainly didn't learn any thing good from his parents when it comes to marriage.

I doubt there's a cheating gene, but he certainly didn't learn any thing good from his parents when it comes to marriage.
    There is such a gene. It's the same one which is linked to addictive behavior - such as alcoholism. The dopamine receptors are affected in how much they can process. You've heard of the term 'Adrenaline Junkie'? That's the vector you're looking for.

Those of us who may have a predisposition to such might be inclined to rip a 160+ MPH pass down our nearest freeway on a sportbike and under cover of darkness. Or not.

That being said - If I had Tiger's money and skills, there's absolutely no way in hell I would marry early (if at all). And I'd damn sure look into minimizing the chance of some gold-digger hooking up with me as a baby daddy.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

"It feels good to be able to control my ball all day like this," Woods said.
    Hell, if he could have controlled them before this wouldn't be a story.

Quote Originally Posted by N7RJD View Post
    Hell, if he could have controlled them before this wouldn't be a story.
    Where's Johnny Carson when he's needed? :rofl:

In his case, Divorce may or may not result in a better grip and stronger wrist :)
    Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    Where's Johnny Carson when he's needed? :rofl:
    ..........http://tv.yahoo.com/blog/johnny-cars...he-grave--1458
    Last edited by kd8dey; 08-26-2010 at 11:42 PM.
    Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands