Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taco bowls

Banned

Taco bowls

are these crazy things popular in your area? Up here they are all the rage for making the second most liked meal after tuna casserole with cream of mushroom soup poured over top , Taco Salad.

The finest chefs this area has to offer are all experts on Taco Salad.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 08-25-2010 at 03:01 AM.

I prefer a hearty bread bowl. Here's a pumpernickel version with spinach dip.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Aye Dios Mio, Como que taco bowls.

JUST MAKE TACOS!
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    Aye Dios Mio, Como que taco bowls.

JUST MAKE TACOS!
    Chain stores are infamous for the tortilla shell bowl. Southwestern chicken topped salad is one application. I personally like Fajitas Del Mar in them thar bowl things.

Those things were a fad back in the 80's.

Are they on the come back or is Idaho really farther behind the times than rural Oregon?
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

For a skinny dude, you sure eat well.

Banned

that's probably good.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by al2n View Post
    Those things were a fad back in the 80's.

Are they on the come back or is Idaho really farther behind the times than rural Oregon?
    They probably peaked back then, then never came back down.

I noticed that the spinach dip in the picture is the new version or 'twist' that eateries are serving these days and it lacks any discernible amount of spinach. 15 or so years ago I was really impressed with the spinach artichoke dip being served as the industry standard of the time and I still like. We have made it here at home and have taken it to parties and it is always a hit with most people.
    Thaw and drain frozen (sorry Bill) spinach and some jarred in oil artichokes. Mix with just enough condensed cream of mushroom soup, preferably Campbell's or any store brand from the same factory, until it just blends with the spinach. Grate mozzarella cheese into the mix and stir. Grate just a touch of Parmesan on the top and bake at 350F for about 40 minutes or until it starts bubbling. These days I used about half as much cream of mushroom soup and fill in the balance with olive oil. To make it easier to dip in to, cut a grid pattern into it with a non serrated knife.

That's just me but it is rich in spinach and will stand up to a sturdy dinner wine. I like to use flour tortillas and cut a stack of them into quarters then lightly heat them, quickly in a hot pan until stiff. They should just start to get bubble pockets. A light hint of lime salt, if you can still get it, over the completed batch as they cool and you are good to go my friends.

Yes. The original recipe calls for fresh garlic. Use it at home. At parties, yeah, not so much. Unless you're hosting a lemon party. People generally don't care much about your breath there since most octogenarians have a diminished sense of smell.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post

are these crazy things popular in your area? Up here they are all the rage for making the second most liked meal after tuna casserole with cream of mushroom soup poured over top, Taco Salad.

The finest chefs this area has to offer are all experts on Taco Salad.
    Remember Chi-Chi's? This was their standard "bowl" for taco salads (and other "salads") for years.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati