Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spokane today

Banned

Spokane today

We talked about this before but I couldn't find the thread.

Here's one for Cor.

Original Northern Pacific Railway overpass built in 1915. The NP logo (which was once painted over) can be faintly seen in the center. I'd love to go up there and restore it to it's original appearance.

Only a fawlkin tourist from a small town in Idaho would take pix of the big buildings.

Of course I wasn't ready for this train...

...but I waited for this one.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 08-24-2010 at 07:59 PM.

But boarding the bus in an unwashed state is perfectly A-OK!

Those E-cigs give off water vapor. Folks are complaining about water vapor!

Never ceases to amaze me how people will act all smoked out when there is no smoke. Friend of mine gets on the city bus and puts his pipe in his mouth. People start to cough, wave hands and complain about his pipe.....which is unlit and giving off no smoke. He points this out and they usually get even more pissed than if he really were smoking.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Banned
    evidently the folks at Image Shack have access to ALL the places I can "browse" to for an upload. Even my nekked womenz collection. Those slick bastardos.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by al2n View Post
    Never ceases to amaze me how people will act all smoked out when there is no smoke. Friend of mine gets on the city bus and puts his pipe in his mouth. People start to cough, wave hands and complain about his pipe.....which is unlit and giving off no smoke. He points this out and they usually get even more pissed than if he really were smoking.
    I was on an almost full Greyhound bus in PA once from Harrisburg to Philadelphia. The driver missed his turn off the turnpike onto rt 76. I wondered WTF, but thought maybe he was going a different way. After another 10 minutes it was obvious he was lost.
    I got up from 3/4 way back in the bus and asked him what he was doing? This big plump woman up front heard everything.
    At first the driver thought I was off, but after asking him a few key questions he realized he was way off course.
    I gave him 2 options, which he was uncertain about, but assured him they would work.

Well by this time this woman explodes, demands I return to my seat and starts to tell everyone on the bus in a broadcast voice I was annoying the driver.
    Every idiot on that bus, save maybe 2 or 3, had fire in their eyes. The woman commanded me to go back to my seat, which I did, then commanded me to sit down, which I did cause I didn't want a mob of slobbering goons attacking me.

When my ass hit the seat I decided if anything further happens, I'm gonna flip, and tell everyone to GoFuThmSel. Fortunately that was the end of it.

We eventually made it to the bus station in Philly after doing what I didn't want to do. Completely back tracking 20 miles to where he should have turned in the first place. We could have gone a much shorter, easier way.

Quote Originally Posted by al2n View Post
    Those E-cigs give off water vapor. Folks are complaining about water vapor!

That's amusing. I'm not hyper sensitive to smoke in terms of coughing or breathing, but I find the smell to be horrid. If I don't smell it, I really don't care. What gets my blood boiling, because I'm convinced they do it on purpose is when a guy puts out his cigarette just outside the door of a store and then exhales on his way in.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    That's amusing. I'm not hyper sensitive to smoke in terms of coughing or breathing, but I find the smell to be horrid. If I don't smell it, I really don't care. What gets my blood boiling, because I'm convinced they do it on purpose is when a guy puts out his cigarette just outside the door of a store and then exhales on his way in.
    Yeah, it's done on purpose. Not that I did anything like that or anything when I was a kid.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    You can simulate the same thing by holding your hand on your mouth and compressing the air in it. Then, you can blow out the vapor -- like as if it was cold outside!
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    I was on an almost full Greyhound bus in PA once from Harrisburg to Philadelphia. The driver missed his turn off the turnpike onto rt 76. I wondered WTF, but thought maybe he was going a different way. After another 10 minutes it was obvious he was lost.
    I got up from 3/4 way back in the bus and asked him what he was doing? This big plump woman up front heard everything.
    At first the driver thought I was off, but after asking him a few key questions he realized he was way off course.
    I gave him 2 options, which he was uncertain about, but assured him they would work.

Well by this time this woman explodes, demands I return to my seat and starts to tell everyone on the bus in a broadcast voice I was annoying the driver.
    Every idiot on that bus, save maybe 2 or 3, had fire in their eyes. The woman commanded me to go back to my seat, which I did, then commanded me to sit down, which I did cause I didn't want a mob of slobbering goons attacking me.

When my ass hit the seat I decided if anything further happens, I'm gonna flip, and tell everyone to GoFuThmSel. Fortunately that was the end of it.

We eventually made it to the bus station in Philly after doing what I didn't want to do. Completely back tracking 20 miles to where he should have turned in the first place. We could have gone a much shorter, easier way.
    Yes, but she sure showed you who was In Charge, and it wasn't you, right?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    "Fat bottom girl you make the rockin world go round!"
    Large...and in charge...
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!