Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just got some new beers today

Just got some new beers today

The new beers must have been made from Gulf water. They have sludge on the bottom of the bottle. ;) Question is, Do I leave the sludge alone or is it made to be mixed up into solution before drinking? This stuff is like 10.5% alkyhaul. Ought to make for a good ass whoopin'.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    The new beers must have been made from Gulf water. They have sludge on the bottom of the bottle. ;) Question is, Do I leave the sludge alone or is it made to be mixed up into solution before drinking? This stuff is like 10.5% alkyhaul. Ought to make for a good ass whoopin'.
    Yep , drink that stuff , it'll make ya batter yer shrimp .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Banned
    depends on the beer and age. bottle conditioning leaves some sediment. Sometimes when a big, full bodied beer has been on the shelf for a long time you actually get hard deposits in the bottom of the bottle.
    I'm on a New Belgium Ranger IPA kick right now, pretty good for summer IPA.

Last edited by kc7jty; 08-20-2010 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Don't mix it up, but it won't hurt you to drink it either. It's just yeast left over from the krausening kräusening process that carbonates the beer in the bottle.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 08-22-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Throwing in an umlaut to make freakin' Albi happy.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Be careful. It's probably radicalized semen placed there by that guy who inseminates water bottles.

[edit] This Guy:

Banned
    That's right up there with the guy that got caught humping his neighbor lady's goat.

Banned
    Some Hefeweizens & Wits are supposed to be heavily cloudy. I remember seeing a New Belgium product that said pour half the bottle then swirl the rest to mix in the sediment before pouring the second half.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 08-20-2010 at 08:28 PM.

The three with the Goo are:

Southern Tier Imperial Gemini blended unfiltered ale
    Southern Tier Imperial Iniquity black ale
    Weyerbacher Slam Dunkel double dunkelweizen ale

Non Goo:

Coney Island Freaktoberfest
    Nogne "O" India Pale Ale (Norway)
    Nogne "O" #100 Barley Wine - style ale (Norway)
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

That is yeast sediment on the bottom of the bottles. It happens when beer is carbonated the old fashioned way. It is considered best not to mix it up, but you can drink it when you reach the bottom of the bottle if you wish. Great source of B vitamins.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

I miss the bottles of Hansa I used to get at the beer candy store back in the 80's. Had a Viking on the label. Made in Norway.