Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac Versus PC

Mac Versus PC

I got my first real close look at a Mac laptop today. My niece who will be attending NYU this fall bought a Mac for school. I am very impressed. If it were not for Linux I wouldn't buy anything but a Mac. So much nicer than that Windows crap. Like I say, I like Linux and, since it's available I'm OK with a PC. But otherwise I'd be a Mac man all the way.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I got my first real close look at a Mac laptop today. My niece who will be attending NYU this fall bought a Mac for school. I am very impressed. If it were not for Linux I wouldn't buy anything but a Mac. So much nicer than that Windows crap. Like I say, I like Linux and, since it's available I'm OK with a PC. But otherwise I'd be a Mac man all the way.
    Been a Mac man all the way for over 20 years now; they are the only way to go. I'm typing this on a MacBook Pro that I've got set to dual boot OS X and Ubuntu--it's possible to have the best of both worlds.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I'm using a friends Mac right now. I'm not impressed. My PC Quad Core 64bit with 4GB of gaming memory was impressive. In fact, the guy who owns this Mac is going to go that way with his next machine. Now that both PCs and Macs use Intel, there's a lot less difference between them IMHO.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    I'm using a friends Mac right now. I'm not impressed. My PC Quad Core 64bit with 4GB of gaming memory was impressive. In fact, the guy who owns this Mac is going to go that way with his next machine. Now that both PCs and Macs use Intel, there's a lot less difference between them IMHO.
    To each his own. If you want to use a computer, get a Mac. If you want to take apart, customize, and tweak a computer, a PC is more your speed.

You only see me using PC and Windows stuff under protest. I have a house FULL of Macs of various vintages, the oldest being twelve years old and still doing daily service. Try THAT with a PC!
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    I'm using a friends Mac right now.
    What model Mac are we talking about here? One can't compare Apples and oranges.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

We are fortunate to have choices today on operating systems, and it seems that Apple is encouraging dual boot of their systems.

Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands

Mind, I am not saying there is anything wrong with PC's. As long as I don't have to run Windows I will probably continue to buy and use PC's.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Outside of my ipod, the last apple computer that I used was an Apple ][. Yesterday I was messing around with a live Android OS on a thumbdrive on my Acer netbook. Worked fairly well.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.