Thread: Verizon Mystery ?

Verizon Mystery ?

last night , out of nowhere my FiOS service goes down. I could only reach one site. Everything else would time out on the DNS query. I call Verizon and they put me through the mill, tested the router, etc. Eventually they tell me they have to send a tech. Meanwhile I try to boot my router but it won't connect because the DHCP lease to my test laptop is not expired. So, I wait a couple hours and finally, the lease expires the router boots , gets a new lease, and connects.. Only now I have normal connectivity. Everything is working normal, albeit my router configuration is trashed. Gonna have to put it all back manually. I suspect a DNS issue but VZ tells me nothing. I also noticed the firmware in my router seems to have been updated ? Could it be that Isn't telling me all they know ? I also found it funny that on a saturday morning at 6:30 am they were experiencing such a high volume of calls. Me thinks Verizon was not telling all they know.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    It's the installation of the spyware on your router so the Obama administration can keep tabs on the activities of known subversives. :rofl:
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE

Quote Originally Posted by W4RLR View Post
    It's the installation of the spyware on your router so the Obama administration can keep tabs on the activities of known subversives. :rofl:
    Maybe...these days who knows....
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.