Thread: Is it just me?

Banned

Is it just me?

...or has Google become slower than snailpoop since about the last week or so?

Just you, as far as I know.

I'm not very fond of some of their changes in recent months... the fade in intro, news & image search changes.. but the speed seems fine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    Just you, as far as I know.

I'm not very fond of some of their changes in recent months... the fade in intro, news & image search changes.. but the speed seems fine.
    Images are now ungodly slow. I just won't even use Google anymore for image searches. But it's the only site with problems so I don't see how it's me. Every other site loads quickly. Google often takes 10-20 seconds just to load the intro screen, forget actually trying to do a search.

Could just be a problem with the tube for google going to you street, block, house, septic, wait ... what?

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    Images are now ungodly slow. I just won't even use Google anymore for image searches. But it's the only site with problems so I don't see how it's me. Every other site loads quickly. Google often takes 10-20 seconds just to load the intro screen, forget actually trying to do a search.
    Can you provide an example or URL?
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Can you provide an example or URL?
    Any image search.

Have you tried Google's DNS for giggles?

http://code.google.com/speed/public-dns/
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    Any image search.
    Then I don't see what you're talking about.

For example, a search from here on Uncle Ruckus gives me 100s of images in about 1-3 seconds. Same thing if I do an image search on "uncle sam wants you". Hundreds of images in less than 5 seconds.

I know it doesn't help, but I can't see any problem. I'm on Verizon FiOS, if that means anything.

Oh, I forgot..... running FF 3.6.6 on Mandriva Linux, BTW.
    Last edited by KJ3N; 07-26-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.