Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone going to the san diego hamfest in september?

anyone going to the san diego hamfest in september?

i'm thinking about it. i could do it as a one-day fly-in/fly-out but i'd have to be super efficieint about getting everything done on one day. i can stay overnight but then i have to find someone to drop in and feed the critters and, of course, pay for a room. either way it feels doable ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    i'm thinking about it. i could do it as a one-day fly-in/fly-out but i'd have to be super efficieint about getting everything done on one day. i can stay overnight but then i have to find someone to drop in and feed the critters and, of course, pay for a room. either way it feels doable ...
    You could save yourself paying for that room and bunk with Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    Damn good thing there is a whole lot of land area between the two of you, or else you might get "killed" for a statement like that!!!!!!:stirpot:
    Last edited by WA4TM; 07-25-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Fat finger !!! (spelling)

See you there. I'll be working as a volunteer for SANDARC, the sponsoring organization. Not sure what I'm going to be doing yet (probably something menial), but I'll be wearing a badge with my call sign on it so be sure to say hello if you spot me.

Hope to see some of the other Islanders there, too.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

i dunno whether to laugh or cry.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WA4TM View Post
    Damn good thing there is a whole lot of land area between the two of you, or else you might get "killed" for a statement like that!!!!!!:stirpot:
    i dunno whether to laugh or cry.
    Laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik the Bee skit from Monty Python
    It's people like you what cause unrest!
    Good thing we all know that Kelli was kidding around... she wouldn't REALLY do that to one of us.

But how far away from SD is Crest? Nah, who wants to climb that hill, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Roosevelt
    Speak softly and carry a big stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by SciFi Convention Button
    Walk softly and carry a megawatt laser.
    Last edited by W3WN; 07-26-2010 at 01:56 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

:vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    See you there.
    i'm booked. all i need to do is organize a kitty sitter ... leaving on saturday morning and returning on sunday afternoon.

i'm booked. all i need to do is organize a kitty sitter ... leaving on saturday morning and returning on sunday afternoon.
    Drop me a line at [mycallsign](at)cox.net just before you leave. By that time, I'll probably know where I'll be working and we can meet up, maybe have lunch or something. Offer goes for any other Islander who might attend as well.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.