Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nipped in the bud!

Nipped in the bud!

http://forums.qrz.com/showpost.php?p...67&postcount=1

Since we have a CB forum here, one can discuss the best ways to handle such a problem.

And to the OP's comments regarding a 'coax party':

Ohio is a Castle Doctrine state. It is strongly recommended that you study that ruling and ponder the ramifications thereof, especially as it applies to "after dark" time frames.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Less than an hour... I'm impressed.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

He's back:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=252235

And FOS, I'm thinking...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    He's back:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?t=252235

And FOS, I'm thinking...
    He won't be back for long. Not getting the hint is usually grounds for bannation.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Interesting that KB3HLK's friend said that the cops wouldn't do anything. Can't find the relevant statute at the moment, but didn't the FCC authorize local police to deal with CB Radio interference complaints during the 1990s? Not that I agree with this, mind. :roll:
    73 de Mike, N5RLR

"I drink for the honorable purpose of getting bagged." -- Jackie Gleason
    "It is my belief...that the truth is generally preferable to lies." -- Albus Dumbledore

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    He won't be back for long. Not getting the hint is usually grounds for bannation.
    "But all we want to do is bash new hams that come from 11 meter"!

Gawd...where's Sue ('SFH) when ya need her? :chin:

Quote Originally Posted by N5RLR View Post
    Interesting that KB3HLK's friend said that the cops wouldn't do anything. Can't find the relevant statute at the moment, but didn't the FCC authorize local police to deal with CB Radio interference complaints during the 1990s? Not that I agree with this, mind. :roll:
    Indeed they did, but it was for intentional interference to home electronics, BC devices and so forth. Nothing at all to do with intra-service squabbles.

Yes and no.
    Mostly because of what Fred said but also most jurisdictions, regardless of popular misinformation, have better things to do and realize that there is not as much money as they thought in the sale of used 11m equipment unless they're taking everyone's radio. In that case, who would want such equipment if they feared losing it at every traffic stop?

True, and true. But, one figures that if the butthead in question is trashing 11 Meters, he may very well be trashing his neighbors' electronics, and that the local cops may likely be called.

Unless, said neighbors elect to take matters into their own hands, which, yeah, could turn ugly... :chin:
    73 de Mike, N5RLR

"I drink for the honorable purpose of getting bagged." -- Jackie Gleason
    "It is my belief...that the truth is generally preferable to lies." -- Albus Dumbledore

True, and true. But, one figures that if the butthead in question is trashing 11 Meters, he may very well be trashing his neighbors' electronics, and that the local cops may likely be called.

Unless, said neighbors elect to take matters into their own hands, which, yeah, could turn ugly... :chin:
    Understood.