Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARRL "Please Renew" Books?

ARRL "Please Renew" Books?

What is the ARRL currently offering as a renewal incentive, book-wise?

It's getting close to my yearly dues payment and I might've already received all the "free" books.

If they've been giving out renewal freebies, I've been missing out.

Dear Newington,

I'll gladly renew - sans books or other freebies - if you quit pushing that d@mned EmComm/WinLink agenda of yours down our collective throats.

But absolutely not until.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

SK Member (12/2/2011)
    I wouldn't know on this one. Haven't been a member for more years than I can remember?

A couple of weeks before your subscription is up, you should get a post card with book offers for renewing. I've been getting a free repeater directory for years by using this method. :)

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    A couple of weeks before your subscription is up, you should get a post card with book offers for renewing. I've been getting a free repeater directory for years by using this method. :)
    Ditto.
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE

They promised me an antenna book when I renewed in March. Still waiting . It's usually a choice of about 4 books , and I usually get the antenna one , and wind up losing it , or giving it away . Used to enjoy the emails with pix of the little cutie that was membership chairman a couple years ago . I hear she moved to Montana or something .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

ARRL? Member? :rofl: :rofl:

Surely, you jest.

"... and don't call me Shirley."
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by W5RB View Post
    They promised me an antenna book when I renewed in March. Still waiting . It's usually a choice of about 4 books , and I usually get the antenna one , and wind up losing it , or giving it away . Used to enjoy the emails with pix of the little cutie that was membership chairman a couple years ago . I hear she moved to Montana or something .
    Contact League Hq and ask them what the status of the book is. It usually takes a few weeks, but 2 months is pushing it. Oh, and CC your Division Director on it.

I've had that happen with some of the promotions in the past. Sometimes things slip through the cracks. But a reminder has always gotten it for me, usually with an apology.

Oh speaking of that "little cutie"...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    ARRL? Member? :rofl: :rofl:

Surely, you jest.

"... and don't call me Shirley."
    Eh.. Every time I get the renewal notice, I'm conflicted as to whether or not I'm going to renew. I usually do because QST is something to flip thru on the train or between classes. That's not an endorsement of the content or even their "amateur radio advocacy", but there aren't many periodicals I actually care to read. :)

Advertisements for radios I can't afford and have no room to operate..