Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCC to KB9RFO: No License For You!

FCC to KB9RFO: No License For You!

KB9RFO's Petition for Reconsideration is denied, and his license has been revoked.

http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...A-10-916A1.pdf

Primary reason:
    Quote Originally Posted by FCC Documentation
    The Revocation Order determined that Mr. Keeney lacks the requisite character qualifications to be and remain a Commission licensee on the basis of his felony conviction for child molestation.

“Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I can 110% agree with that one...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

SK Member (12/2/2011)
    That old BS about "requisite character" which the FCC knows won't hold up in a real court of law but is used in so many FCC ALJ decisions.

I fail to see any logical connection between any criminal act and ham radio.

Sorry if that statement upsets anyone, I seldom allow myself to take part in a feeding frenzy over what amounts to a corpse.

Wasn't a similar ruling overturned recently?

Bee-sides...Chris Hansen knows where 'Chester' hangs out, and these days it ain't on ham radio.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Forum Addict
    Yeah Fred the last one a month or two ago, They let him slide. This one they did there job. Just another freek off the air waves.

i'm amazed it took over a year to reconsider this.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    i'm amazed it took over a year to reconsider this.
    You expect quick action from the Federal Government?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by N4VGB View Post
    That old BS about "requisite character" which the FCC knows won't hold up in a real court of law but is used in so many FCC ALJ decisions.

I fail to see any logical connection between any criminal act and ham radio.

Sorry if that statement upsets anyone, I seldom allow myself to take part in a feeding frenzy over what amounts to a corpse.
    While I detest what they guy did I must in this case agree with Mac. If this were the case we should pull all convicted felons tickets including those with DUI's. While I do not know the standing policy on this if enforced I feel that it should count across the board no matter the crime.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    You expect quick action from the Federal Government?
    yeah, i know ... and working for the govt i might know better ... but some things move quickly and others not so much.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    I feel that it should count across the board no matter the crime.
    afaik this is only ever enforced if someone tips off the fcc, no? they don't actually spend any time matching licensees against conviction records ... ?!?