Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truckers didn't learn the first time around about 10M

Angry Truckers didn't learn the first time around about 10M

Caught a bunch on 28.085 this afternoon.

Since the first round of warning letters didn't serve to make you folks take notice, perhaps the next batch will. I seriously doubt that Laura Smith is going to have a sense of humor regarding bootleggers within amateur radio spectrum, considering her track record when dealing with 11M miscreants thus far in her tenure.

So...back in the car goes the '2510 and a notepad. The quarry is PUCO numbers along with other truck/trailer identification and the bailiwick is the lower end of 10...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Forum Addict
    Just as fed-ex and the UPS drivers i know. The company says NO 10 Meter radios or your fired. Simple as that. Laura will call the company owners and inform the as well.

Beep

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Roger?

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    Beep
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

What is the advantage of drivers using out of band equipment? Is it the allure of that which is taboo? They have more channels than they'll ever need already. 26.0mhz to 27.9mhz is generally considered freeband. They have amps.
    I guess it's fun to feel special.

Pffft... a few lorry drivers on 10 meters....

I'm waiting for the band to open, then we can "enjoy" the miriad of polish russian etc taxicab drivers from 25 - 30+ MHz...

All illigal of course, and notifying the officials didn't help the last time.
    :-|
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    What is the advantage of drivers using out of band equipment? Is it the allure of that which is taboo? They have more channels than they'll ever need already. 26.0mhz to 27.9mhz is generally considered freeband. They have amps.
    I guess it's fun to feel special.
    Some consider it unused spectrum, and free for the taking.

But it's dumb, as there is plenty of space elsewhere... especially when the band is not open.

When it does open, ops like that will be more noticeable.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    While I applaud your zeal in reporting, I do fail to see what Ms. Smith is going to do with the data. Just like Mr. Hollingsworth, It really appeared that he could care less who or what was invading our frequencies. As long as you aren't jamming repeaters...even then, that took how many years to deal with that loon in California? (keep forgetting his name...Jack something or other.)

Me. Even though I am pretty much a Mud Duck in the output power department, I do enjoy doing station maintenance, CW practice, RTTY CQ's, or any digital mode afforded me by my license class.....RIGHT ON TOP OF SAID ILLEGAL USE OF THE FREQUENCY.

So until the FCC grows a set...balls, teeth, and spine, I will keep on keeping on. And yes, you should do the same and thanks!
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

If you have the actual truck and trailer numbers along with the time and date, what happens next is that the trucking companies get leaned on lest they face fines.

And there has been a lot of these citations, after Laura got in there. I don't pay much attention, but ham radio Email buddies will keep you posted. You know, the dudes that get a filter and a folder, due to mass quantities. But I don't read the obits or police reports for lulz, either.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman