Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: router issue

router issue

I have a Netgear WGR 614 that seems to require a power down reset a couple times per week. The symptoms are really slow or no page loads, DNS errors etc. Is this a configuration issue? If so, can someone tell what I'm doing wrong?
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

I have a D-Link wireless router and a Westell DSL modem and I honestly don't know the last time I needed to do a reset on either of these. By any chance is the router in your "shack"? Some brands and models are more susceptible to RFI than others.
    Scott - NØIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"

Forum Addict
    I've heard the same. Even putting the router at the other end of the house won't do it.

No, router isn't in the shack. In fact, I'm not even QRV at the moment, and haven't been for 9 months...no antennas up.
    Last edited by W5GA; 05-07-2010 at 04:21 PM.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Is it overheating? Blast it with the "can-o-air".
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Is it overheating? Blast it with the "can-o-air".
    It appears that we have a winner! Thanks, Dave....seems to have done the trick.

I have a router notorious for overheating so I took it apart and stuck tiny bits of heatsink on the chips with superglue. It rarely requires a reboot now in spite of being in the boiler/furnace room.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    I have a router notorious for overheating so I took it apart and stuck tiny bits of heatsink on the chips with superglue. It rarely requires a reboot now in spite of being in the boiler/furnace room.
    I don't think the router was a problem... In a boiler room, most electronic devices will fail lol
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    come one... somebody say "if you used linux or a mac you wouldn't have these problems"
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    come one... somebody say "if you used linux or a mac you wouldn't have these problems"
    No worries. The unit he is using runs embedded linux :P
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com