Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got one of These Lying Around?

Got one of These Lying Around?

In the pre-Bencher days, Butternut sold a series of V/UHF colinear verticals, for all practical purposes they're J-Poles.

The 2-meter flavors were the "trombone" 2MCV and the "double trombone" 2MCV-5.

Anyone got one of these sitting around that they don't need anymore?

The reason I'm asking... Eric N3DWS found out that I have an "NOS" 2MCV-5 that I picked up from R&L quite a few years ago on close-out. He's looking for one, and to be honest, his monthly e-mails to me are starting to become annoying... he's not taking "no thanks" for an answer.

So I'm hoping to find one somewhere just so that I can get him off my back.

I know, not the most noble of reasons, and I know he should do his own digging (he has a classified on QTH.COM right now looking for one, so he is trying)... I'm just tired of the emails. I'm also just ornery enough right now... never mind. I don't want to sound like I won't sell it out of spite, but I had no intentions of selling it in the first place, so this is the next best thing. I hope.

“Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    In the pre-Bencher days, Butternut sold a series of V/UHF colinear verticals, for all practical purposes they're J-Poles.

Anyone got one of these sitting around that they don't need anymore?

The reason I'm asking... Eric N3DWS found out that I have an "NOS" 2MCV-5 that I picked up from R&L quite a few years ago on close-out. He's looking for one, and to be honest, his monthly e-mails to me are starting to become annoying... he's not taking "no thanks" for an answer.

So I'm hoping to find one somewhere just so that I can get him off my back.

I know, not the most noble of reasons, and I know he should do his own digging (he has a classified on QTH.COM right now looking for one, so he is trying)... I'm just tired of the emails. I'm also just ornery enough right now... never mind. I don't want to sound like I won't sell it out of spite, but I had no intentions of selling it in the first place, so this is the next best thing. I hope.

Kind of reminds me of f$%ktards on ebay that hassle you sell to them before an auction starts.
    Yeah right dude, I don't care how bad you need it for work. Play the game and bid.

BTW, what you are doing is noble, it is just a shame you have to do it for him.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    A simple email filter to the bit bucket will take care of that.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

[QUOTE=W3WN;223420]In the pre-Bencher days, Butternut sold a series of V/UHF colinear verticals, for all practical purposes they're J-Poles.

<snip>

If it were corroded, would it be the old "Rusty Trombone"?

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    A simple email filter to the bit bucket will take care of that.
    I may have to resort to that. Haven't QUITE reached that stage... yet... but I'm almost there...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Will you sell it to me ? :)
    Ummmm, no I'm not peeing in my gas tank :)

Quote Originally Posted by W5IEI View Post
    Will you sell it to me ? :)
    That would be spiteful and vindictive... and a little mean.

I'd rather have another Pina Colada. But it's too early in the morning.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

After giving the matter some thought overnight... I've added Eric to my blocked list.

He's point blank said he's going to continue to harass me until I give in. Who needs that grief?

So if anyone has an old 2MCV-5 and feels like negotiating with him, be my guest. But no need to do it on my behalf.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

and feels like negotiating with him
    Wait, is he begging AND not willing to pay you top dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Wait, is he begging AND not willing to pay you top dollar?
    He is begging... more like demanding... but not taking "thanks but no thanks" for an answer.

It's not a question of "top dollar" or for that matter any dollar. I told him from the first email that mine wasn't for sale, period.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!