Thread: Changes to New ARRL Website

Witch Doctor

Changes to New ARRL Website

Post Deleted
    Last edited by WN9HJW; 08-03-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Witch Doctor
    Post Deleted
    Last edited by WN9HJW; 08-03-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NN4RH View Post
    Another change I noticed: At the bottom, it now says "ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio". I am pretty sure that had been "ARRL, the National Association for Amateur Radio (TM)"
    I dont care, i know 1 thing, i notice this at the very bottom

Code:
    Website by FATHOM
    Any organization that cant create and maintain their own website, is defintly one that im not gonna become a member of. I dont know how the ARRL can do the stuff they do, your not suppose to be able to make money off from being a ham, but the ARRL is basicly made of all hams and they make money.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2RPP View Post

Code:
    Website by FATHOM
    Any organization that cant create and maintain their own website, is defintly one that im not gonna become a member of. I dont know how the ARRL can do the stuff they do, your not suppose to be able to make money off from being a ham, but the ARRL is basicly made of all hams and they make money.
    Creating and maintaining a quality website requires resources. Would you rather pay full time staff to build and maintain a site, and be responsible for their pay, benefits, and pension; or outsource it and pay a company to build the website then hand over the reigns? It's a financial matter.

Hams as individuals are not allowed to make money. The ARRL is not an individual, and furthermore it is a 501(c)(3) organization, meaning it's structured as a non-profit. The Hams employed there are not using the Amateur service at work for profit, and furthermore, if they were, under a provision in Part 97 they could receive compensation because they work 40 hours/week.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2RPP View Post

Code:
    Website by FATHOM
    You can't be serious.

Just goes to prove that all our senseless kvetching on various forums never, EVER does any good.
    Right Ron? ;)
    (come on, you knew it was coming)

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Has anyone else notices the new ARRL Website takes forever to load up or is it just my computer?

Sorry. It's just you.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

That's what I thought.