Thread: Bose Companion 2 Computer Speakers

Bose Companion 2 Computer Speakers

The other night, my very nice/expensive Altec Lansing speakers died. I had them for years, so exceeded their life expectancy, I guess. After a couple days of browsing the Internet, I purchased the Bose Companion 2 speakers. This is the first set of computer speakers I've had in over a decade that didn't have a sub-woofer.

I was skeptical because of the price tag ($99), the size, and the lack of a sub-woofer, but holy crap! These things are awesome. They have great sound, very loud, and the bass is equal or similar to what I had with the Altec speakers I just replaced. My only two complaints I have is there's no ability to adjust the bass out, so I have to do that with the pulseaudio-equalizer package and there's no on/off switch. I mean, how hard would it be to add an on/off switch and LED without driving up the cost?

Like I've always told people, it's not the size that matters.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/sho ... /index.jsp

</random speaker review>

Re: Bose Companion 2 Computer Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL
    The other night, my very nice/expensive Altec Lansing speakers died. I had them for years, so exceeded their life expectancy, I guess. After a couple days of browsing the Internet, I purchased the Bose Companion 2 speakers. This is the first set of computer speakers I've had in over a decade that didn't have a sub-woofer.

I was skeptical because of the price tag ($99), the size, and the lack of a sub-woofer, but holy crap! These things are awesome. They have great sound, very loud, and the bass is equal or similar to what I had with the Altec speakers I just replaced. My only two complaints I have is there's no ability to adjust the bass out, so I have to do that with the pulseaudio-equalizer package and there's no on/off switch. I mean, how hard would it be to add an on/off switch and LED without driving up the cost?

Like I've always told people, it's not the size that matters.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/sho ... /index.jsp

</random speaker review>
    That pulseaudio 15 band equalizer script with the GUI is freakin' awesome! I installed it on all my Ubuntu boxes last week.

Strange no on/off switch was provided with the speakers. Shouldn't be a problem for a ham/techno geek ... just add one! :D
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?