Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Home alone...

Home alone...

All weekend.

'DSG is working today and is going to attend our nephew's awards banquet tomorrow so I have two whole days to play radio.

Anyone game?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Re: Home alone...

Later perhaps? Must make ready for picnicking with fire.
    Tonight sometime after 8pm EDT.
    Think it will be OK to load up the 901 sans tuner on 40 or 80 on an ant cut to 3.6 mhz?
    I have another set of diodes I want to test on the bench that may work. They are packaged as 1N34A with a green band. I was just wondering the ideal value of the 1N60 vs the others because I would prefer to only do this once.
    Once every 30 years should be the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    I have another set of diodes I want to test on the bench that may work. They are packaged as 1N34A with a green band. I was just wondering the ideal value of the 1N60 vs the others because I would prefer to only do this once.
    Once every 30 years should be the limit.
    I would use the '34As - they're very close to the 1SS16s in spec. Or hold off until I get your parts in the mail this week - I'm going to send 1SS16s.

As far as loading up an 80M antenna on 40 - not a good idea. Not even with a tuner.

Any way you can drop the thing and add a couple 32ft pieces of wire to it?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX

Any way you can drop the thing and add a couple 32ft pieces of wire to it?
    Not today. Dropping that mast would be a two man job and that's just for the safety factor. Now, I could take down the Antron with one hand and add about 20 feet to that mast but I still have to do some tree fishing out back first.

Reason I'm still holding off on new antenna work is because I have to build a deck around the poolhand. I intend to use some of the main deck structure as a bottom support for another mast. I have some 4"x4"x8' lumber that I plan to sink 2 feet into the ground. 30 feet of metal topped of with a fiberglass or (whatever) non-conductive section about 5 or 6 feet. There will be other supports for this mast that it will be guyed to.

The current mast for the 80 wire also supports a Diamond 2K for VHF/UHF. I might eventually remove that but it makes an excellent scanner antenna down here in the valley. If I could literally stick it right on the roof, that would work for it.

All weekend.

'DSG is working today and is going to attend our nephew's awards banquet tomorrow so I have two whole days to play radio.

Anyone game?
    Sorry, at work as usual today and going to a AAA baseball game right after work. Probably won't get home until 8 or 9 tonight. Game is at 6:05 and I imagine we'll be doing a late dinner out after the game.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Gimme a freq... I'll be there!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF
    Gimme a freq... I'll be there!
    What's working between AZ and OH this time of night - 20M?

I'm listening on 14.313 at the moment.

Gee, I wonder why that frequency popped into your head.....
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N
    Gee, I wonder why that frequency popped into your head.....
    Because 14.275 is usually occupied... :whistle