A couple days ago my brother dropped off his computer... said he thought it might be infected with a trojan or virus. I fired up the machine and got a "blue death screen". I shut it down, fired it back up into "safe mode". I ran in "safe mode" at the command prompt level and tried running "chkdsk c: /F" but it balked because other processes are accessing the disc. So scheduled it to run on the next boot but it didn't seem to do anything. Then I decided to try a "system restore" back to the last known working configuration. That seemed to work, now windows boots up normally and you can access your accounts again. It seems a bit slow but, since it is not my machine it's hard to tell for certain if that is normal.

In any even it seems to be working, so, for the most part it would appear my job is done.

However, I am not very knowledgeable with Windows system. I am good with Linux and Unix systems but I am in the dark with a lot of Windows stuff. Is there anything else I should be checking BEFORE I return the machine as fixed ? Should I be running some virus scans or testing anything just to make sure ?

Any suggestions appreciated.