Thread: IE8 problem

IE8 problem

Got a new machine with W7/IE8. Periodically, IE8 loses it's mind and drops all my "remembered" sites and log ins. Anyone know if there's a cure for this that does not include Firefox/some other browser?
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Witch Doctor

Re: IE8 problem

i save my favorites to the desktop that's the file with the star as a icon
    i also keep a copy on my extra drive in case the c: drive crap's out
    Sarcasm is a Body's Natural Defense Against Stupid

Orca Whisperer

Instead of IE favorites, you could use google favorites. It remembers all the bookmarks in some cloud.

The reason for the lost favorites are updates. The past two months, IE has had updates that make it delete favorites.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV
    Instead of IE favorites, you could use google favorites. It remembers all the bookmarks in some cloud.

The reason for the lost favorites are updates. The past two months, IE has had updates that make it delete favorites.

It's no wonder the virtual world loves to hate MS anything.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV

Guess I should have explained a bit more. I'm not talking about favorites, rather the list of recently visited sites in the address bar drop down. It periodically vanishes. I seldom use favorites.

Thanks, Corey!
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Your "history" files are being deleted. CCleaner will do that, for instance. And you can turn it off.

This happens with many "cleaner utilities" and may even be an option when you close the program, or maybe you've got something set to delete them on reboot. I don't remember an option to do that in IE itself, but it might be there...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX
    Your "history" files are being deleted. CCleaner will do that, for instance. And you can turn it off.

This happens with many "cleaner utilities" and may even be an option when you close the program, or maybe you've got something set to delete them on reboot. I don't remember an option to do that in IE itself, but it might be there...
    That was it....just installed McAfee and didn't have it configured correctly. Thanks!

And now ... the part where ... someone chimes in ... with ... "the best thing IE is good for is to download Fire Fox."

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    And now ... the part where ... someone chimes in ... with ... "the best thing IE is good for is to download Fire Fox."
    :rofl:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.