Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I finally did it.

I finally did it.

Had my last cigarette on Wednesday morning March 17 @ 11AM . This Sh*t ain't easy, but I think the worst is over.

Re: I finally did it.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr
    Had my last cigarette on Wednesday morning March 17 @ 11AM . This Sh*t ain't easy, but I think the worst is over.
    good luck man. longest i been able to go is 6 hours. and at the 6 hour mark I was a total dick and someone tossed me a ciggie telling me i actually needed it to make me a somewhat nice guy
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

It amazing how much better I feel after only 4 days . I also noticed this morning that my heart rate on the treadmill dropped from 102 @ 3.6 MPH, to 92. And, at 3.8 MPH it never went over 95. :shock:

Good going, George!

I had my last in '88. Put them down and never looked back.

Miss a good briar pipe from time to time...possibly a cigar...more for the taste than for the nicotine or anything else which goes with smoking.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX
    Good going, George!

I had my last in '88. Put them down and never looked back.

Miss a good briar pipe from time to time...possibly a cigar...more for the taste than for the nicotine or anything else which goes with smoking.
    I should have done it a long time ago Fred, but better late than never I guess.

I should have done it a long time ago Fred, but better late than never I guess.
    Your gear will appreciate being smoke-free too. That is, if you ever smoked around the stuff.

I have a TS-820S whose PA band switch wafers were burned up because of excess cigarette smoke contamination. The fact that smoking could do that kind of damage to a piece of electronic gear - let alone a person's lungs - really opened my eyes. There were a couple other factors which aided my decision to quit, but the contamination aspect played a big part.

My mother smoked for a large part of her life "...but didn't inhale..." :roll:

I am still dealing with the aftereffects of her habit WRT cleaning up the house I inherited. One room at a time, all of the walls are getting scrubbed, stripped and re-painted. Eventually I'll re-carpet it as well.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I did not quit smoking. I am not a quitter! I made my "personal decision" to stop smoking on June 16, 2002.

I had tried everything... gum (That tastes like s&#t!), patches (I couldn't keep the damn things lit!), Wellbutrin aka Zyban (Which is actually an anti-depressant. I felt great, but it didn't help me stop smoking!), and hypnosis. What finally did it was auricular therapy. This is where you get tiny jolts of electrical current at specific spots around your ears! I had smoked anywhere from 2-3 packs a day... EVERY DAY... for over 25 years and this is the only thing that worked! The best part... NO WITHDRAWAL symptoms!

Whatever method you used... good luck!
    Scott - NĜIU
    http://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv124/scottaschultz/iub.jpg
    President - National Sarcasm Society
    "Like we need your support!"

Congratulations George! Hang in there man.

I really need to do that...and thanks for mentioning how much better you feel.
    I'm in the process of intentionally cutting back, but should just drop'em altogether.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Banned

I totally respect and am impressed with those who can quit. Congratulations George and to you as well Fred. That is very enlightening.

way 2 go

I quit about 100 lbs. ago....

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger