Thread: Can't Believe It's Not Going For More

Can't Believe It's Not Going For More

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3DI%26otn%3D1

I kind of expected it to go a little higher. Fickle markets

Re: Can't Believe It's Not Going For More

You're right. That market has all but dried up. Noticed it with the CBs a year or so ago. The ones that were going for ridiculously high prices were barely getting $20. Now Boatanchors too?

Check this out - $59 for a Hallicrafters

Here's a pretty rare bird. A tunable receiver for the Public Service Bands and it has the main 3 bands too...

$9.99 Lafayette PF300
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

The Lafayette still has 6 days to go. 9.99 starting price is a good way to get them to start biting. I saw a couple of the small Hammarlunds priced at 30 to 35 at the Charlotte hamfest.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    The Lafayette still has 6 days to go. 9.99 starting price is a good way to get them to start biting. I saw a couple of the small Hammarlunds priced at 30 to 35 at the Charlotte hamfest.
    True dat. I think that the market for radios is pretty dry right now. There's probably some good buys out there if you can only spare the money. I've pretty much got what I want, it's a matter of testing and fixing the goodies now. That will make the golden years full of solder and flux.
    :)
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC
    True dat. I think that the market for radios is pretty dry right now. There's probably some good buys out there if you can only spare the money. I've pretty much got what I want, it's a matter of testing and fixing the goodies now. That will make the golden years full of solder and flux.
    :)
    That's a factor but it makes one wonder though when you see an item like a Kenwood speaker (SP31) sell for over 117$$$+shipping when you can buy one new for 89 to 94 $$$ and possibly get free shipping depending on the offer or time of year.

The market has dried up because nobody can afford any of this stuff.. Everyone is broke. The country is unemployed and people are losing their homes right and left. The devastation is unparalleled in history. Everywhere you loom you see vacant homes and people carrying knapsacks with everything they own walking into the wild blue yonder. My estimate is that in 5 years we'll all be sleeping in makeshift cardboard crates in vacant lots.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH
    if you can only spare the money.
    thats the problem... if i had the $$$ i did in the late 90s early 2000s and prices like they are. id have this room filled with shit.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize
    My estimate is that in 5 years we'll all be sleeping in makeshift cardboard crates in vacant lots.
    some people are all ready there

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize
    The market has dried up because nobody can afford any of this stuff.. Everyone is broke. The country is unemployed and people are losing their homes right and left. The devastation is unparalleled in history. Everywhere you loom you see vacant homes and people carrying knapsacks with everything they own walking into the wild blue yonder. My estimate is that in 5 years we'll all be sleeping in makeshift cardboard crates in vacant lots.
    Love that Global economy. Remember when Slick Willie was telling us how great things will be with NAFTA?

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr
    Love that Global economy. Remember when Slick Willie was telling us how great things will be with NAFTA?
    demicans and republicrats working to screw America since 19__