Page 343 of 463 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4621

Thread: Random Thoughts

Dogs don't eat carpet, they poop on it, then roll in the poop. Eating poop makes up for the lack of nutrition in carpet fibers, but they lick the poop spot to add fiber to make them poop more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

I was on the way home from picking up the grandkids at school this afternoon when a news item came on the radio that got us talking about written language. I mentioned to the grandson that while humans have been around in their modern form for at least 200,000 years, written language only goes back roughly 5000 years. He thought about this for a moment, then said "I guess people are kind of stupid, then. It took them 195,000 years to figure out how to write."
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I was on the way home from picking up the grandkids at school this afternoon when a news item came on the radio that got us talking about written language. I mentioned to the grandson that while humans have been around in their modern form for at least 200,000 years, written language only goes back roughly 5000 years. He thought about this for a moment, then said "I guess people are kind of stupid, then. It took them 195,000 years to figure out how to write."
    Such insight, such wisdom. The kid is destined to be a ham and post on here.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Such insight, such wisdom. The kid is destined to be a ham and post on here.
    Yeah, it's pretty obvious that things are going be going downhill for him from this point on.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that things are going be going downhill for him from this point on.
    For Christ's sake, keep him away from that "other" place. They'll ruin him.

Out of the mouths of babes. He'd provide some interesting youthful insight here, but since he's smart enough to figure out how stupid Man really is, undoubtedly he'd figure out that "over there" some apes haven't evolved.

While I'm thinking of it, all dogs have a common ancestor, the wolf. This is because Man bred wolves selectively until we had work dogs, then continued until we have today's breeds and wolves are still around. That raises the question; since Man "evolved" from apes and they're still around... who bred Man?

Somebody ask the kid, I'll bet he knows.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

He did, at least, get the math right.

All that, and it's a good guess he doesn't know anthropology. Modern Man's brain is smaller than those of his ancestors so it took a while learning to read and write without any schools. Since the ancestors went extinct, Neanderthals with a little help from Homo Erectus, one with a larger brain didn't beat him to it. Anyway, the kid is brilliant, so if he were one of my teachers I wouldn't think back on all the CRAP I learned in high school, it's a wonder I can think at all.

Yeah, I stole another one... somebody STOP me!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA

He did, at least, get the math right.
    Yeah, but I read in another thread that you don't need to know math to understand science.

Before the thread there was Stephen Hawking, at long last the thread quoted him saying that very thing.
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA