Page 245 of 463 FirstFirst ... 145195235243244245246247255295345 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 4621

Thread: Random Thoughts

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

I fired the lathe up the other day to make a couple of beer tap handles for a local guy that just open up a micro-brewery. Was out painting them today and the next door neighbor lady looked over to see what was going on. I could tell by the look on her face she thought they were sexual devices. I should have asked her if she wanted one. I'm a good neighbor like that, eager to help.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Master Navigator
    ^^^watch those splinters ...OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    I fired the lathe up the other day to make a couple of beer tap handles for a local guy that just open up a micro-brewery. Was out painting them today and the next door neighbor lady looked over to see what was going on. I could tell by the look on her face she thought they were sexual devices. I should have asked her if she wanted one. I'm a good neighbor like that, eager to help.
    Wow, battery operated tap handles.

Funny you should bring up lathes. I pulled mine out today, and am getting ready to turn some handles for some coffee scoops I picked up. They should make nice Christmas gifts. Also making some turnings for wine bottle stoppers. Thought I might try some Zebrawood. It really has a neat look to it after turning and finishing.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Wow, battery operated tap handles.

Funny you should bring up lathes. I pulled mine out today, and am getting ready to turn some handles for some coffee scoops I picked up. They should make nice Christmas gifts. Also making some turnings for wine bottle stoppers. Thought I might try some Zebrawood. It really has a neat look to it after turning and finishing.
    Do you have a local outlet for the exotic woods? I have one about 1 1/2 hours away. I have made a couple of handles and sold them, I always made them a "Spout Snout" to go with them. When the tap is not being used, they put it on the end to keep bugs and stuff out. 99.9% of the stuff I make, I give away.

I have some ebony if you want some fancy handles for those things.

NA4BH '15

Do you have a local outlet for the exotic woods? I have one about 1 1/2 hours away. I have made a couple of handles and sold them, I always made them a "Spout Snout" to go with them. When the tap is not being used, they put it on the end to keep bugs and stuff out. 99.9% of the stuff I make, I give away.

I have some ebony if you want some fancy handles for those things.
    Thanks, but I have some ebony, another very pretty wood. There is a Woodworkers Source in Phoenix, about 35 miles from here. They usually have some closeout turning blanks of the exotic variety, so whenever I go in to town, I always make a stop there. There is also a Rocklers out in Scottsdale that I hit whenever we need to go out there. I can't tell you how much I enjoy woodworking. It's so relaxing and soothes the soul. I have to pretty much do what I need to do between 5am and noon since anything past that, and the shop is 110+.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I can't tell you how much I enjoy woodworking. It's so relaxing and soothes the soul.
    WILL YOU MARRY ME? I have sooooo much stuff (shit was the first word that came to mind but I didn't want to be vulgar) , my kids and grandkids will benefit from it. I really don't know what I have. Some one will ask if I have something, my reply is, I have three of them if I can find it.

NA4BH '15

Originally Posted by K7SGJ
    I can't tell you how much I enjoy woodworking. It's so relaxing and soothes the soul.

WILL YOU MARRY ME? I have sooooo much stuff (shit was the first word that came to mind but I didn't want to be vulgar) , my kids and grandkids will benefit from it. I really don't know what I have. Some one will ask if I have something, my reply is, I have three of them if I can find it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2aeRg_yMSE

When he sees what I have, he will love my wood. If he has a 3/4" band saw, match made in heaven. That's what I'll call it.

I'm not gay, but with a 3/4 inch band saw, I'm willing to learn.

NA4BH '15