Page 446 of 463 FirstFirst ... 346396436444445446447448456 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,460 of 4621

Thread: Random Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Power is finally back on, 32 hours after it went out. Nice to be back in the 21st Century again.
    Wow....
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

Power is finally back on, 32 hours after it went out. Nice to be back in the 21st Century again.
    Did'ja hear a lot of generators running in the marina?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Did'ja hear a lot of generators running in the marina?
    Not a lot of them, no. Some of the large yachts had theirs going but there are not many of those at this marina. Most of the boats here are between 30 and 40 feet (and unoccupied) with only a few really large boats. There's one 60+ foot powerboat down at the end of my dock and a very large fiberglass hulled staysail schooner a couple of rows to the north. I've walked over and looked at that thing, it's truly rugged and massive but I can't figure out for what purpose it was built. I think it might have been a blue water ocean racer—there's a class of offshore schooner racing—because there are almost no portlights.

Just FYI, at 30'-1" LOA, my boat is the smallest one they would allow for a live-aboard.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Not a lot of them, no. Some of the large yachts had theirs going but there are not many of those at this marina. Most of the boats here are between 30 and 40 feet (and unoccupied) with only a few really large boats. There's one 60+ foot powerboat down at the end of my dock and a very large fiberglass hulled staysail schooner a couple of rows to the north. I've walked over and looked at that thing, it's truly rugged and massive but I can't figure out for what purpose it was built. I think it might have been a blue water ocean racer—there's a class of offshore schooner racing—because there are almost no portlights.

Just FYI, at 30'-1" LOA, my boat is the smallest one they would allow for a live-aboard.
    LOA: "Life On Acid."

I'm guessing that is what they call a pothole in the water?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    LOA: "Life On Acid."
    LOA: Length Overall.

I did some intensive investigation of that big schooner (i.e., I asked the dockmaster). Turns out that it was a racer. It competed in the Whitbread Round the World Race.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Must've hit a portlight and bent a rim causing retirement. It's hard to change tires on those things.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Must've hit a portlight and bent a rim causing retirement. It's hard to change tires on those things.
    But you do fixery. Right? Right up your alley.

Attached Images Attached Images

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    This is what the thing looks like. Never saw another like it:

These winches alone are worth more than my entire boat: