Page 430 of 463 FirstFirst ... 330380420428429430431432440 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,300 of 4621

Thread: Random Thoughts

Forum Addict
    Never smoked.

Tobacco.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

First sunset at the new QTH:

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K6BSO View Post
    Oh man Carl- That's great...

So happy for you! May you sail many miles and make many contacts!!

Wow!
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...

To everyone whose team won tonight, Congratulations.

Master Navigator
    Cool! I hope the basement doesn't leak. What are you using for an antenna?

That.
    Is.
    Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by AF7XM View Post
    I discovered the nuances of rolled roofing today. Please, kill me now.

Never again. Ruined a whole work outfit with that stupid adhesive (glorified oil distillery skudge) including my comfy shoes.

Rule # 427; never let the yl talk you into something you know is out of your element.
    I am reminded of an episode inside the Montgomery Ward's. I was 13 and we were in there one evening oh, sometime around November.
    In the hardware section they had a display for expanding construction foam. The foam was sprayed on to a piece of cardboard and was about the size of a basketball. I was that caramel looking stuff but it looked like caramel puke. I looked at it for a second and reached out with my index finger to touch it. Juuust before I came within a half inch of it, it jumped on my finger and was up half of a sleeve of my coat.

I was just standing there looking at it as if I was dazed or something. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how if got on me so fast! What I haven't told you yet will be totally shocking.
    When we got there there was no one around it. OK, are you following me? The guy at that section, dressed in his 1974 satin shirt in 1977 showed up 30 seconds later. Apparently, 30 seconds before we got there, he just sprayed the foam there! SHOCKING? SHOCKING? SHOCKING!

Quote Originally Posted by XE1/N5AL View Post
    Cool! I hope the basement doesn't leak.
    When the inspector and I lifted the floor hatch over the bilge during the prepurchase survey, he laughed. "Good thing you have that little vacuum cleaner" he said "because you're gonna need it to clean the dust out of the bilges."

There is a small accumulation of water in the very bottom of the keel well. The boat has a manual pump that I use about once a week but I recently bought an automatic unit to put down there. That's near the top of the to-do list.

What are you using for an antenna?
    Nothing as yet. Ham radio has to take a back seat to boat stuff for a while.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-03-2016 at 10:06 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.