Page 390 of 463 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390391392400440 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 4621

Thread: Random Thoughts

You should be careful up in the hills, I hear there are mountain lions and cougars just waiting for you on the trails.

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Conch Master
    Those "Ankle Monitor's" are pretty precise I hear.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

While you were out there, did you notice that humming sound in the distance?

MQ-1_Predator_unmanned_aircraft.jpg
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    You should be careful up in the hills, I hear there are mountain lions and cougars just waiting for you on the trails.

Doesn't look anything like the 4 legged cougar's we have walking around in the remote trails,forests and logging roads around here,but the point is taken.....
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Seriously: Because of the large Naval and aerospace industry presence here, San Diego is one of the few places in the US where those things are allowed to fly and I did see once see one over the Miramar MCAS, which is directly adjacent to where I was today.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post

It took two hours, so I averaged over 2MPH!
    Heh, I ran this as a "where is this?" quiz for Sarah. She found Id'd it in less than 5 seconds.

I was impressed...
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Seriously: Because of the large Naval and aerospace industry presence here, San Diego is one of the few places in the US where those things are allowed to fly and I did see once see one over the Miramar MCAS, which is directly adjacent to where I was today.
    From what I remember when I worked as a Range Control Officer at Vandenberg AFB, the whole southern part of California was nothin' but military bases and test ranges!

http://socalmilcom.com/military/kvbg
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by WX7P View Post
    Heh, I ran this as a "where is this?" quiz for Sarah. She found Id'd it in less than 5 seconds.

I was impressed...
    Well, the San Clemente Canyon Freeway is kind of a dead giveaway to anyone who's familiar with east county.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    From what I remember when I worked as a Range Control Officer at Vandenberg AFB, the whole southern part of California was nothin' but military bases and test ranges!

http://socalmilcom.com/military/kvbg
    Yeah, that's true enough. In fact, the area I went walking in was formerly known as Camp Elliott and one of the “charms” of walking there is the chance you might encounter unexploded ordinance left over from training during World War II. That's one of the reasons you're requested to remain on the established trails.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post

MQ-1_Predator_unmanned_aircraft.jpg
    I picked up a drone, well, a little quadcopter, and was flying it around and it got caught in a tree. My buddy is coming over with a hot stick (he is a lineman) to help get it out.

My neighbors are safe... for now..

Jason N8XE
    "Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense." - Carl Sagan