Page 354 of 463 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 3,531 to 3,540 of 4621

Thread: Random Thoughts

Woot, I won the lotto, the import fee lotto that is. The bastids. They are holding my package hostage at the post office until I go down there and pay on Monday.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    Woot, I won the lotto, the import fee lotto that is. The bastids. They are holding my package hostage at the post office until I go down there and pay on Monday.
    Where are you guys in the "coming home" saga?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Where are you guys in the "coming home" saga?
    "Processing", that is what the status shows. Estimation on the site for our case number is between now and the beginning of July for stage three. Stage three is the meeting with taxes papers, and sponsor form. From my understanding that will be approved or denied during the meeting and we will be given an unofficial yes or no on the spot. Visa package to follow 14 days later.

My first estimate was end of July for everything to be done. I wasn't that far off. Looking like August/September. That works out fine though. Gives us a few months to chill out here and actually enjoy life as we have banked enough money to lazy about for a bit. Then a few months of showing her things in the states before the snow sets in. After that we both have decent (standing) job offers around the Baltimore area. Closer to Hannover, PA. It is on the line. I'd live in PA.

All in all, it looks like all is going to come together well. Slow, but well.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    "Processing", that is what the status shows. Estimation on the site for our case number is between now and the beginning of July for stage three. Stage three is the meeting with taxes papers, and sponsor form. From my understanding that will be approved or denied during the meeting and we will be given an unofficial yes or no on the spot. Visa package to follow 14 days later.

My first estimate was end of July for everything to be done. I wasn't that far off. Looking like August/September. That works out fine though. Gives us a few months to chill out here and actually enjoy life as we have banked enough money to lazy about for a bit. Then a few months of showing her things in the states before the snow sets in. After that we both have decent (standing) job offers around the Baltimore area. Closer to Hannover, PA. It is on the line. I'd live in PA.

All in all, it looks like all is going to come together well. Slow, but well.

Good for you guys. It's too bad it has to be such a superior PITA to come home with your new bride.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Good for you guys. It's too bad it has to be such a superior PITA to come home with your new bride.
    It really hasn't been so much of a pain as it has been a long process. However, I can not complain, at all. It has been a hell of a learning experience. Not only doing the paperwork and seeing the system (both Spanish and American) but also living here, learning the language and the culture as well. Not to mention having the opportunity to teach English, culture, and math to children and adults. It has also exposed me to many other European cultures as well due to the fact that many of my students are from all over Europe and even Asia. There are teachers from England, South Africa, Scotland and you name it. Top that off with the fact that I have a wonderful new family here as well. It is an experience that I wouldn't trade for the world.

And of course, thank you for the best wishes.

I need me a minion or, at least, a henchman. Anyone know what the going rate is for one of those?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I need me a minion or, at least, a henchman. Anyone know what the going rate is for one of those?
    I think you can rent one by the foot.

got to love neighbors trying to burn down the neighborhood.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

I'd pass on Snyder's for the B&O Railroad Museum and the Inner Port, but that's just my preference. How much money is in making pretzels anyway?
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Outside it's starting to sound like the Garth Brooks song, "The Thunder Rolls". The storms are about to be here, see you on the other side.

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15