Page 3 of 463 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts

Re: Random Thoughts

^gently removes bong from upper shelf and places beside floor monitor^

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Careful with them RT's

rot
    "In the field of opportunity, it's plowing time again."
    N.Young

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX
    Oh, that sucks. I love Yamaha audio gear. Got me a CR-600 "Natural Sound" receiver in the living room.

Not using the amp section, I run a little T-Class amp to the speakers.

Know anybody in Phoenix? http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/ele/1616466018.html
    Same here. Got three Yamahas now; newer than your CR-600, but still great stuff. RX-V1800 runs the living room and garage. Love it. Just put an RX-V465 5.1 system in the shack over Christmas - present to self, and too [strike:1bvfjbxf]cheap[/strike:1bvfjbxf] inexpensive to resist. Old RX-385 stereo RX in the exercise room (yeah, right) still churns out tunes once in a great while.

And before you say it, I threw the old IC-228A on the desk here last weekend. Still works. :)

Well the damn shaft is so hard to turn that I don't even want to use it but, it is the best receiver for FM that I have. I'll open it up again and see if I can booger up a solution. I'm sure it won't turn smoothly afterwards, but I'm sure it will turn easier.
    What the hell would make it want to damn near lock down? There is no way to adjust the drag or tension. The bearing or liner or whatever it is, looks to be that white plastic looking stuff that is usually nylon.
    It was working perfect one second, the the next time I went to turn it ... WTF? I use it to DX so turning the dial is an absolute must. Right now, it's a knuckle buster.

So, I've worked the bearing loose with some sewing oil. Still kind of stiff but not impossible. The flywheel isn't going back on, there's no point. Restrung everything nicely.

The meter lights were 15VAC. I used 4 LEDs out of an LED floodlight that failed due to other parts to make a rectifier and connected 4 ultra-white LEDs to it. One for each meter and I placed 2 on the tuning slide. It isn't perfect on the slide. I'm not going to break it apart. I think the replacement was the slide with an embedded bulb as one single unit.

And now the pic: I put the little green bulb rubbers back on for the meters.

Love that dial, tru sliderule.

The amp I run is one of these, in a newer style case... http://www.tnt-audio.com/ampli/t-amp_e.html

Very clean sounding, for cheap! Can also be run portable with batteries...
    Add speakers and MP3 player, better than a boombox!
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

What's worse? Driving a cab or agreeing to fix people's spyware problems?

Driving a cab is probably dangerous, very little money in it..But it's not fixing Windows.

And I'd have to supply my own keyboard, because you know they're not getting those spyware whatnots from just anywhere. Ewww...

I want my Maypo!
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

You know the knob had to crap right after I put up a new ant I boogered together with ordinary household items. I think I'll add a third element to it.

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland

Poop spelled backwards is poop.
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!